Music hosting??

RFR

Stupid question here, but what music sites (soundcloud, etc.) will play your tunes in a wav format.

Just asking cause years ago I put up stuff on myspace music and it sounds like crap.:facepalm:

thanks!

Best to create a website of your own that will allow streaming or download of wav files. Bandzoogle does this. Not selling or promoting, I just have a site there.

Keep in mind, if it sounds like crap as an MP3, then there may be issues with your mixes. It happens.

MySpace was always crap sound-wise... things are better these days with soundcloud etc. although sometimes not perfect.

Depending upon people's internet bandwith, they may not wish to stream/download large .wav files, so best to cover all bases.

Best to create a website of your own that will allow streaming or download of wav files. Bandzoogle does this. Not selling or promoting, I just have a site there.

Good idea, thanks Jimmy. I believe with one's own site you have better control over copyright issues too.
Keep in mind, if it sounds like crap as an MP3, then there may be issues with your mixes. It happens.

Mixes are ok. got them on my ipod and they sound fine alongside commercial stuff and in different environments.....myspace is the culprit.:D

MySpace was always crap sound-wise... things are better these days with soundcloud etc. although sometimes not perfect.

Depending upon people's internet bandwith, they may not wish to stream/download large .wav files, so best to cover all bases.

Agree on all points.
So places like soundcloud use mp3 format?
What I am looking for is a way to over the net transfer actual uncompressed HQ files so someone else can put the raw files ( for lack of better terms) into their Protools setup.

Bottom line I have a songwriting partner that is now some distance away....we cannot just go to each others studios to work on stuff anymore.

Other than that, would you folks consider soundcloud to be a decent music sharing service?

R

What I am looking for is a way to over the net transfer actual uncompressed HQ files so someone else can put the raw files ( for lack of better terms) into their Protools setup.

Bottom line I have a songwriting partner that is now some distance away....we cannot just go to each others studios to work on stuff anymore.

Other than that, would you folks consider soundcloud to be a decent music sharing service?

R

You can just use a file sharing service...like https://www.dropbox.com/
There are others, free and pay for more premium use. I think some of the free ones have limits on how much/how often you can transfer....but just check 'em out.
Try "Free File Sharing"...I'm sure Goggle will kick out a bunch for you.

AFA SoundCloud....it's OK, no better/no worse than many others out there.

Well that is a completely different question/need.

Any site like Soundcloud is not meant for sharing high quality audio files. I have a Hightail Pro account for sharing large files. $10 a month to share whatever. You can use Dropbox or whatever free, but it is not as simple and limited.

Please be more clear about your needs.

A website could host your files for sharing also, but I am no guru on that stuff.

Well that is a completely different question/need.

Any site like Soundcloud is not meant for sharing high quality audio files. I have a Hightail Pro account for sharing large files. $10 a month to share whatever. You can use Dropbox or whatever free, but it is not as simple and limited.

See? that's why I'm a newbie. There's stuff I don't know.:laughings:

Please be more clear about your needs.

I was in my second post. :cool: But as in the first post have the general question about the hosting services. Either way, I'm getting my questions answered and it is much appreciated:thumbs up:.

Thanks man, big help.:thumbs up:

There's plenty of stuff I know about, even where some might consider me expert. but computer stuff and digital recording???? Not so much.:D Some might even go as far as to call me illiterate in the subject.

I'm a fan of Dropbox as well. 2GB of storage for free, and it's easy to share files with anybody. It integrates witih Windows Explorer, so it's easy to upload/sync files. You can even stream from it with a little mangling of the link URLs.

Thanks man, big help.:thumbs up:

There's plenty of stuff I know about, even where some might consider me expert. but computer stuff and digital recording???? Not so much.:D Some might even go as far as to call me illiterate in the subject.

Don't let Jimmy scare you, he's a big softie... :D

How scared could I be of a longhair moderator.. who admits to smoking pot.:D

I think he must be a nut like us, but with too much time on his hands, hence the Mod position.

Um... I haven't been a smoker of weed since my teens. I turn 46 in two weeks.

I own two businesses and work over 65 hours a week. I find time to moderate on this forum because I give a shit about doing what I can to help others who have need to create.

I am a nut for trying to help you evidently.

:D

Chill on judgment k?

I'm glad someone's working those hours.
I use to...now that I've gotten a bit older, I've become an underachiever. :p

And then there is the wife and my 2 year old daughter. They both make it all worth it.

Makes me nuts when people ask for advice and take offense to response.

Um... I haven't been a smoker of weed since my teens. I turn 46 in two weeks.

I own two businesses and work over 65 hours a week. I find time to moderate on this forum because I give a shit about doing what I can to help others who have need to create.

I am a nut for trying to help you evidently.

:D

Chill on judgment k?

Jimmy, I meant nothing, was just funning around. My bad.
Here, this is for me. :spank:

sorry, no intent to offend.

Back