Music dont sound as strong after exporting

Dat_Nigga_Pari

I use cubase 5 and i dont know why, but the song never has the full pound, or sound that it had in the recording. i dont hear the richness. i know mp3 takes some quality away.. but ik professional musicans still get there good sound after. idk what im doing wrong.. any suggestions or ideas?

i dont know exactly what you mean. when im mixing the vocals i put 2 eq's an a compressor. sometimes a desser or a gate. but when i try to master i export the mix first an bring up a mastering set up

i dont know exactly what you mean. when im mixing the vocals i put 2 eq's an a compressor. sometimes a desser or a gate. but when i try to master i export the mix first an bring up a mastering set up.

maybe you aren't using dither? it's extremely important to use dither, especially if you are using 16 bits, export with dither as the final post fader plug-in. Cubase processes everything at 32 bit floating point so every time you bounce something down to 24 bit or 16 bit, you will loose resolution, especially with reverbs, to get around that I just export everything, all stems and all mixes at 32 bit floating point and do all the converting in wavelab and also use r8 brain pro for Sample rate conversions

Back