Music 123 lied...

bigtom

Music 123 had EZdrummer on sale back in June and you could get a rebate of $50.00 from Toontracks if you bought before June 30th. When I asked how to get the rebate Music 123 said they would send me a pdf form, just print it out, fill it out and mail it in with my receipt. I did all that, now Toontrack says my receipt is from a non-qualifying store. Music 123 is a non-qualifying store. I called Music 123, they said they couldn't help me. The classic bait and switch. Thanks Music 123 you've lost a customer for life!!:mad::mad::mad:

By definition thats not bait and switch.

But it still sucks.

I'd pursue a refund from Music 123 in the amount of the rebate. They promised the $50 back and they need to make good on it.

Who have you spoken to there? The 1st schmuck on the phone?

Push harder.

Well, yes it was the first shmuck on the phone. They said they have no control over what toontrack does. I thought this would qualify as bait and switch as they promised ezdrummer with a rebate and instead I got just ezdrummer.

I'm sorry to hear that man. It's strange because I bought EZ Drummer from Music123 earlier in the year when they ran that promo and I did get the rebate. It's even stranger because IIRC, Music123 is part of the Musicians Friend/Guitar Center conglomerate and I have to think that at least Guitar Center is a qualified dealer. I remember seeing that offer on a bunch of different sites (including all three above and Sweetwater) and I downloaded the rebate form from a different site because the Music 123 form didn't seem like it was complete.

When I bought my last phone it came with $250 in rebates to basically make the phone free. I got my $50 rebate from cingular but then the company that was handeling the rest of the rebates went bankrupt. Awesome.

I had to call Music 123 to get them to send me the pdf because it wouldn't download properly and when I received it, it said Musicians Freind at the bottom of it. Since MF, GC and Music 123 are all owned by the same company I didn't think that would make any difference. Guess I was wrong:mad::mad::mad:

As someone above said, "Push harder." Talk to the salesdweeb's manager. It is false advertising to promote a rebate that doesn't exist. There are state laws addressing that kind of behavior. The appropriate state Attorney General's office typically has a consumer phone line you can call. But I'd work my way up the store mamanger food chain first.

Don't give up on it so easily. It's obvious just some phone rat who doesn't want to do any paperwork.

get your 50 bucks.

dont give up.

doesnt matter if you have to call 1 thousand times and bother every single employee and manager there.

Not really relevant but...I went to GC to buy my bluebird mic and I wanted them to price match music 123..my go to guy did it even though this other know it all ass that works there told him that they do not match 123...now you say it's the same company...god I hate that idiot at gc.

Does any one know if 123 is all refurbished gear?

OK guys, I will call them a little later and work my up the ladder and demand my rebate. we'll see what happens.:o:o:o

Thanks for the replies:):)

Complain in writing. An actual letter on actual paper. It is amazing how this works. Once they see there is an actual copy and a paper trail..attitudes change quickly.

Get reviewed by multiple people here:

Not really relevant but...I went to GC to buy my bluebird mic and I wanted them to price match music 123..my go to guy did it even though this other know it all ass that works there told him that they do not match 123...now you say it's the same company...god I hate that idiot at gc.

Does any one know if 123 is all refurbished gear?

unless gc has changed their policy, they are required to price match ANYONE. last year i found great prices on individual tama starclassics (i designed my own kit) at a website i can't even remember the name of. i "built" my kit in the shopping cart, printed the whole thing out, took it into my dude, and he even BEAT a couple of the prices (i think the kick and floor tom came out cheaper @ gc).

i called the other place to ask if the prices were current on their website (they were a brick/mortar store), and they checked it out and said that indeed they were NOT current, but they'd give them to me at that price since i found the site with those prices there.

needless to say, i wasn't about to pay shipping from colorado or wherever the hell it was, and i was simply calling out of curiosity anyway...

moral of the story is, if someone at GC tells you they don't price match, they are flat-out LYING.

unless gc has changed their policy, they are required to price match ANYONE. last year i found great prices on individual tama starclassics (i designed my own kit) at a website i can't even remember the name of. i "built" my kit in the shopping cart, printed the whole thing out, took it into my dude, and he even BEAT a couple of the prices (i think the kick and floor tom came out cheaper @ gc).

i called the other place to ask if the prices were current on their website (they were a brick/mortar store), and they checked it out and said that indeed they were NOT current, but they'd give them to me at that price since i found the site with those prices there.

needless to say, i wasn't about to pay shipping from colorado or wherever the hell it was, and i was simply calling out of curiosity anyway...

moral of the story is, if someone at GC tells you they don't price match, they are flat-out LYING.

I have a go to guy at GC...But there is this other little turd there that I think has a bug up his ass because I only go to MY GUY!!

Anyway..he said that music 123 is one of the FEW stores that they will not match because everything there was refurbished...the guy is full of shit I know, and MY GUY did match and also beat the price...but I still feel like I could slap the hell out of that other turd!!!:D

What if I didn't have a go to guy...what if I was just some newbie trying to get started? I just hate when those idiots try and screw you around!!

Back