"Muse" with real drums from acattoir!!!!

I don't know why nobody has commented on this. This is just great. I wish I could play guitar like that. That is just outstanding! The mix is very well done too.

Yeah sounds real good. Maybe the lead guitar line is a touch too out front. I'd like it sitting in the mix a little more, but that's just me. Sounds pretty good as-is. Good job. :)

Liked it the first time, but the drums really seal the deal. Lots better for me. Again awesome guitar sound and playing.

Really nice tune Shawn. Love the tone on the git and the drums are very solid.

No nits at all. Good job:)

Lots of similarities to Steve Morse in the lead playing!!! Everything just shines through-great tones all around. Is that the Tele that you built up a short time ago???

Does sound like a Fender - I think I asked before and you said Tele. In any case you really wrestle some great tones/notes out of that guitar. The drums really make the difference and they're equally as tasty. Great job by all! :D

Thanks for the listens and the comments guys.... I love the drums too!!
Yep Anfontan, that's my home-made Tele. I love that guitar!!!

Peace!!

~Shawn

Yeahhh, some great playing. Very melodic. Enjoyed the listen.

Thanks for sharing... :)

Peace,

Really well done though, hate to be the odd one out, there's a little too much click in the bass drum for my taste.

This is awesome. Guitar playing and tone are chilling. The drums are amazing.

BEAUTIFUL, Shawn!!
If I could only get a drum sound like that...and the guitar solos sound really good. All I can say is well done, really nice piece :):):):):)

:D:D
Joe

This is awesome. Guitar playing and tone are chilling. The drums are amazing.

Wow... thanks Rami! What is it you like about the drums?? I'm particularly interested in what you have to say about them, because... well... you're a drummer!

BEAUTIFUL, Shawn!!
If I could only get a drum sound like that...and the guitar solos sound really good. All I can say is well done, really nice piece :):):):):)

:D:D
Joe

Thanks Joe!!!
And you know what?? I think you CAN get a drum sound like that. I think you could even come close with the samples you've been using. It's all about the compression and EQ baby!!

Thanks Joe!!!
And you know what?? I think you CAN get a drum sound like that. I think you could even come close with the samples you've been using. It's all about the compression and EQ baby!![/QUOTE]

Do use plugins to compress and EQ or do you use the ones in your drum programme? Most programmes like Addictive Drums, Battery etc. have their own effects and I've always tried to use those, albeit with unsatisfactory results:o.

Thanks Joe!!!
And you know what?? I think you CAN get a drum sound like that. I think you could even come close with the samples you've been using. It's all about the compression and EQ baby!!

Do use plugins to compress and EQ or do you use the ones in your drum programme? Most programmes like Addictive Drums, Battery etc. have their own effects and I've always tried to use those, albeit with unsatisfactory results:o.[/QUOTE]

I use Battery, and ouput the snare, kick, and toms to their own seperate channels, where I EQ and compress right in the program, usually with plugins. Then I take all that to a output buss dedicated to the drums and use a limiter there. Sometimes I just send the cymbals to the main out, bypassing the limiter on them. It works very well, I think!

Peace!

~Shawn

I'm late to the party again! But what a party! This is great. The drums really are perfect--and I agree with the others: your tone and playing combine to make the guitar part killer! (I'm jealous!) The melody is a great mix of catchy and moving. It's gonna stick in my head. :)

I'm really impressed. :D

I'm late to the party again! But what a party! This is great. The drums really are perfect--and I agree with the others: your tone and playing combine to make the guitar part killer! (I'm jealous!) The melody is a great mix of catchy and moving. It's gonna stick in my head. :)

I'm really impressed. :D

Thanks Mr. Strat!!! I'm humbled... :o

Thanks Mr. Strat!!! I'm humbled... :o

No really--you're guitar tone is what mine wants to be when it grows up. So spill some beans: what's the electric guitar's signal chain (we know it's a homemade tele)? Is that a Mesa? What else is working for you?

(Before the purists jump in and tell me "Tone is in your hands, dude!"--I know that. And the way I drive is in my hands too. And I'd probably drive faster in a Porsche! :D Seriously, the touch and the gear work together, and I'd love to know more about at least your gear side...)

Back