multitracking audio?

ujamaa7

I'm trying to fig out the best way to track out my songs that i have prerecorded on motif...What i mean by track is...Adding eq and effects to each track individualy...My question is, if i was to track out in audio instead of midi would i have to record each track into the software one by one or is there a way i can press play on my motif and all the tracks will show up on the software? Whats the best way to accomplish what i'm trying to do?

All feedback would be greatly appreciated.

ujamaa7 said:
I'm trying to fig out the best way to track out my songs that i have prerecorded on motif...What i mean by track is...Adding eq and effects to each track individualy...My question is, if i was to track out in audio instead of midi would i have to record each track into the software one by one or is there a way i can press play on my motif and all the tracks will show up on the software? Whats the best way to accomplish what i'm trying to do?

All feedback would be greatly appreciated.

What software/ hardware are you using?
If you apply the effects through midi, you should then be able to just record the whole thing as an audio track!

What the hell is motif? I use Tracktion. With my mixer/firewire interface I can record 16 tracks at the same time (either miced or direct). Tracktion can easily record as many tracks at the same time as your pc can handle. Plugins can be assigned to any of the tracks. I guess Im not fully understanding what your doing. Are you trying to import tracks into Traction? Are these individual tracks?

Back