Multitrack to Wav?

mknight

This is a dumb novice question....Im using Powertracks ..all my tracks are audio except drums, which are midi. After I mix down and merge the multitracks to wav, the drums arent there....what am I not doing?? Do I need to convert midi to audio, if so , how?

Yes you will have to re-record your midi tracks. A program that plays wav files won't recognize midi files. Check out some of the how-to and other informative stuff on the home page of this web site.

Here we go.....
You will not be converting MIDI to audio but... you will be using the MIDI to trigger your sound generator(guitars, synths, Drums) and recording the sound that it makes. I'm not fimiliar w/ the Powertracks deal... but there are programs that sequence and play both MIDI and wav files (aka Cubase VST, Pro-Tools, Logic, Cakewalk, etc...)

There is really a lot involved.... I have just now gotten to the " using MIDI to trigger recorded audio."

Get a good sound card... it will allow you to create your own audio.... and remember MIDI is not sound, but numbers used to trigger an instrument.

Thanks guys! I got it goin now.....had to change some settings on the windows mixer and send the midi info to a free track...I think Iunderstand the process now...Thanks again!! Mk

Back