Multitrack to Cakewalk

LeeJ

I've got my band recorded on my Roland VS1680. I want to get the song into cakewalk to do some overall sound adjustments (eg: reverb, compression etc) and then burn it to CD.

Can cakewalk do this or am I fighting a losing battle?

First off, Cakewalk is the company. Which Cakewalk product are your referring to?

Most Cakewalk multitracking software will do what you want, except for burning to CD. You can export to a 2-track stereo wave file, but will have to use a separate program in order to burn the CD.

Using Cakewalk Home Studio. I want to create a 2 track WAV file to burn to CD. How do I get the music into C.H.Studio?

Connect the outputs on the VS1680 to the inputs on your soundcard (in your computer). Open HomeStudio, create a stereotrack, and press play on the VS1680. :)

moskus said:
Connect the outputs on the VS1680 to the inputs on your soundcard (in your computer). Open HomeStudio, create a stereotrack, and press play on the VS1680. :)

Don't you have to push "record" in HS first? :)

Essentially, however, moskus has it right. Run the outputs from your Roland into the Line In on your sound card. Depending on the physical connections, you might need some adapter cables. Sound card line is should be a single, stereo 1/8" mini-plug. Don't know what the outputs on the Roland are.

BTW, you might even be able to record one track at a time from the Roland into HS, which would allow you to use HS for mixing. However, that wasn't your question.

HS will then allow you to export a finished stereo wave, which can then be burned to CD.

dachay2tnr said:
Most Cakewalk multitracking software will do what you want, except for burning to CD. You can export to a 2-track stereo wave file, but will have to use a separate program in order to burn the CD.

Hey, I never heard single CDRW drive that is sold without bundled burning program. If you do have CDRW drive, most likely you have the program bundled on suplement CD...

;)
Jaymz

moskus said:
Ah! The ever-so-smart Dachay! Give him a hand, everybody! :D

Well it's sort of like the guy who called Dell complaining that his brand new computer had a completely black screen.

After talking him through several possible diagnostic steps, the tech support guy asked him to take a look behind the computer to see if it was plugged in.

The guy told him he couldn't tell if it was plugged in because it was too dark to see behind the computer. He asked if he could call him back after the power had been restored from the power outage they were currently experiencing.

:D :D :D

ROFLMAO!!!!! :D :D :D

[Note to Jaymz] There's plenty of CDRW-drives sold without software. You buy it "bulk", just like my smashed-with-hammer-SB-Live!, but it had a CD with drivers though. No need for drivers for a CDRW, is there? ;)

Back