Multiple Mic Pre's to Rosetta 800!?

mikeeb

Whats the best RAP MIC??!
Whatsup guys.

I am trying to hook up my DMP3 to my rosetta 800 for the extra 2 channels.
Right now I have a Great River MP-2nv connected from the Balanced output (XLR M-so I use an XLR F plug- of the GR to the DB25 input on the Rosetta 800.

How is it possible that I could connect from the balanced outs of the DMP3 to the DB25 insert on the Rosetta, considering the DMP3 only has TRS balanced outs.

I figure I would need to pick up 2 XLR M to TRS adapters right? Does anyone have a recommendation of an adapter that I should buy?

Thanks!

Whatsup guys.

I am trying to hook up my DMP3 to my rosetta 800 for the extra 2 channels.
Right now I have a Great River MP-2nv connected from the Balanced output (XLR M-so I use an XLR F plug- of the GR to the DB25 input on the Rosetta 800.

How is it possible that I could connect from the balanced outs of the DMP3 to the DB25 insert on the Rosetta, considering the DMP3 only has TRS balanced outs.

I figure I would need to pick up 2 XLR M to TRS adapters right? Does anyone have a recommendation of an adapter that I should buy?

Thanks!

No adapters! Use ready made cables with the appropriate ends. ;)

:cool:

No adapters! Use ready made cables with the appropriate ends. ;)

The thing is, the Rosetta only has one DB25 input port. The snake I have is all XLR females, because I figured I wouldn't want/need any TRS ends. Will an adapter really hurt my quality? I just want to use the DMP3 to mic up the snare and Kick and then use samples, so I don't think the quality on those two are THAT important anyways?

The thing is, the Rosetta only has one DB25 input port. The snake I have is all XLR females, because I figured I wouldn't want/need any TRS ends. Will an adapter really hurt my quality? I just want to use the DMP3 to mic up the snare and Kick and then use samples, so I don't think the quality on those two are THAT important anyways?

I guess you'll be ok then.
I just have never trusted adapters.

Back