Multiple firepods-SX3

dturcotte

Hey guys... here is a post I posted on Cubase.com forum but have had no response. I am hoping someone here can identify my problem:

Ok, here's the deal... I have been using one firepod with SX3 for quite some time now with no issues. Now I have added a second pod and for the most part again.. no issues. But, the issues I am having are as follows:

1: In VST connections, I choose 16 mono in for the inputs. All looks good except 1) channels 9 &10 are spdif and 2) input 12 on the right side says input 13R.

so 2 questions:

1: is it possible to manually bypass the spdif input so i can use 9&10 on the pod as inputs 9&10 in cubase instead of having to go input 11 for 9 on the pod and input 12 for 10 on on the pod?

2: Why would input 12 not be recognized as 12L? Why would it say 13R?

The issue is, I would like all 16 inputs for the pod. With the SPDIF inputs (when not being used) I will have to allocate the 24 mono in in order to get 16 inputs. What happens if I want to add another pod? I won't get the full 24 inputs from the pod.

Hope I explained well enough...

You can assign VST channels to whatever physical inputs you want, just click in the right column. Your 16 mono channels just need to be assigned to firepod ins 1-8 and 11-18. I assume you know you can just save that as a preset....

Yes I tries that... unfortunately the drop don does not even have "12R" as an option. It goes right from 11L to 13L.

Back