Multiple controllers to 1 sound module - How?

homeuser

I want to hook up 2-3 keyboard controllers to my sound module. Set the sound module in performance mode, have each keyboard controller set up on a different midi channel to trigger the module's corresponding midi channel patch. I guess I'm a little think in the head this morning, but I don't see an easy way to do this since my sound module only has 1 midi input. Any ideas? This is for live stage use, thanks!

I don't even know if there are MIDI Bays for this sort of set up-usually it's the other way around(one controller,many sources)
What exactly are you hoping to accomplish?

"What exactly are you hoping to accomplish?"

Sound module settings:

Midi channel 1: Piano
Midi channel 2: Lead synth
Midi channel 3: Percussion

I want to have 3 midi controller keyboards, each set to a different midi channel so I can play one of the sound module's patches which are ofcourse set to the same midi channels.

I'll check out the midi merge, thanks!

The 3m and 5m products from Phil Rees are exactly what I need, but I was hoping to find something cheaper, perhaps from the USA? Any vendor over here provide the same functions?

Oh I see now,have 3 different sounds "on deck" at the same time
instead of having to punch up...

What do I know...I'm just a drummer....

(and a keyboard player and a poet and an artist and a lover and a rogue and a psycho and a drunk and a.....)

damn this midi stuff can get complicated.....

But if you use the THRU on for one controller and setup the midi channels right then the MIDIMAN 2X2 merger will work for what you're talking about. Also just usethe THRUs on the modules. That's probably the cheapest route.

That spot WOOLY listed says they will customize pieces also. A 4 to 2 merge would be kinda nice...

Yo one thing I notices about my 2X2 merge is that it can be kinda buggy sometimes. One controller might sometimes overide the other. I guess if you have the channels str8 it wouldn't be an issue though.

If you have a keyboard controller were you can split the keyboard into zones, this would be accomplished with one keyboard alone. All you have to do is setup zones on the master controller to send data on the pertinent MIDI channel.

Back