MultiMix Firewire Issues.

bair_ohio

Ok,,

I am constantly getting crappy audio. Sounds very choppy and garbled. To fix this, I must go into the Alesis control panel and reset the clock master. I must do this several times a day. Is their a fix for this?

2nd. When using the stereo inputs I sometimes get this crazy sound like nails scrathing on a chalboard, over and over..Never on the regular inputs, just on the stereo inputs. To correct this, it usually requires that I reset entire board(power off/power on)

What is going on here. Ive reinstalled the drivers 100 times.

MM16Firewire via firewire to a 3.06 Toshiba Satelite Laptop. Using cubase SL.

Help! thx.

I don't know if this will help you but it helped me with some minor crappy audio in some programs using my MM-8.
Google this "WindowsXP-KB885222-v2-x86-ENU.exe", its a SP2 patch to fix slow 1394 response.

Cheers!

Just got off the phone w/Alesis. They are requesting that I send it back (at my expense) to be fixed or replaced. Very nice about it. Sucks that I have to pay to have it shipped to them but oh well. Hopefully they fix it proper on the first try. To all who are interested, will let ya know what happens.

what's up man? sorry to hear about that... i have the multimix12, haven't had this problem myself but would like to know how it turns out for you... thanks!

Not sure what to think. Got a call from Alesis yesterday. They say they cannot reproduce my problem? This has me puzzled. They were going to leave it on over night and see if it happens, if not. Well, then they just ship it back to me. Im sure if it were messed up they would surely catch it right? Appears that something may be wrong here in my home setup. Will have to wait and see.

Is the firewire you're using internal or PCMCIA..??? Either way it could be a Firewire issue...

I've got a spare one I'd let ya have for shipping costs to see if it will work, but you'd have to find drivers for it.. Last clean out of the office I tossed the box it came in out as trash.. It had the Driver CD inside.. D'oh..

You can buy the same card from here for about $14 shipped.. This does NOT have the fabled TI Chipset...
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Port-Firewire...ryZ60269QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

--
Rob

I have a Toshiba Satelite A75-S209
3.06 Ghz Processor-1 Gig of memory
Windows XP

My harddrive is the slowest thing on my computer but when running
Cubase SL, the harddrive seems to work just fine. Barely shows up in my usage bar.

I'm having similar problems with playback. I just got this board and have been fiddling with it for a week... When it records it seems to be fine. However, when playing back through the board it gives me clicks and pops on the audio track. A tech from alesis recommended I try the XP SP2 firewire hotfix where it adjusts your firewire speed that gets screwed up by windows update... No difference. Still plays back like shiat. Anyone else have this problem and did you get it worked out? I'm really thinking of returning the board as it seems to be problematic with other people as well...

Back