Multi Cable

fazil

I'm looking for a new multicable in my studio to route mics to my mixer (from recording room to control room). I want it to be able to move it around in the room so I guess I'm looking for a stage box.

Well, I want to be able to use it for (small) gigs as well, so It would be nice to have 50' or maybe even 100'. Would that be a compromise in sound quality ? Is it better to buy a short snake for studio, so I'll have low noise, hum, signal loss. and buy (or rent) another one for longer distances ?
Or is 50' - 100' not such a problem. (I'm going straight to the mixer, no patchbay etc)

Also, do you have any experience buying used multicables or is that a big no-no (because of cable malfuctioning after possible abuse). How about brands ? I know whirlwind or proco make good ones but they're also expensive. How'bout Peavey audiolinks, Horizon, EWI, ....

thank you,
Greetings, Arno

btw, I'm looking for a 12x4 or 16x4 (trs return)
max budget around $200 (maybe a bit higher)

Used cabling is always somewhat of a risk as cables are often abused. Especially snakes that have a stage box. In general, cables are pretty easy to repair though. Cables with a stage box can ba a bit more of a pin to get in and solder though.

Back