MS drivers & things that go bump in the night...

Flo' Dolo

*****Not soundcard or recording related, except that if I can get this working (w/someone's help) I can use my windows box for secondary recording work (dare I say "b" room?)*****

Here's the dilly...

I've got 2 windows machines, 1 quite old, but w/a new HD (windows 2000), and a newer machine that's running XP Pro.

I decided to gut the old machine for its' HD, & use it as a startup/application drive in the newer machine. I correctly addressed the jumper issue with the (now) 2ndary drive, installed the old HD into the new machine, and booted up.

All seemed well at startup until the windows 2000 drive started searching for the "Intel 828018AA Bus Master IDE Controller." I clicked the tab for the "recommended" search procedure, but no go. I can't use that machine to get online because the (new) startup drive doesn't have my bullshit ISP software installed on it, and even if I did, I dunno exactly where to look (MS Windows Update page?)...

1. Is there a way I can bypass this to install the isp software & let the pc find the driver for me?

2. Does anyone know exactly where to look online for this driver? If so, I can burn it to CD on the machine I'm currently using. I can't view the ms windows update page on my mac since it's not running any windows os...

I hope I explained this clearly enough to not look like the fool I really am...

thanks in advance.

diendolo

"The only way for a woman to guarantee herself 12 inches of satisfaction every night is to fuck a dj"

Back