MR8 update ?

paganprogress

Ya know I tried to update my MR8 I have the 1.02 V zipped file in my documents and when the F file comes on I drag it there but the little red box says No. Argh want get club do smashing of little box! Could there be an explanation for this. Hmmm maybe I was a drummer in that band for too long. You can not answer that last part though. Thank You Rec. brothers

A couple of things may be wrong here...

Firstly, you have to have room to spare on the CF card in the MR-8. If you do, then try this:

1) Unzip the contents of the zipped file to the same location as the zipped file (i.e. the PC hard disk)

2) Mark the file with the cursor.

3) Press Ctrl-C to copy it.

4) Mark the MR-8 root folder (The F:-drive on your system, if I get you right)

5) Press Ctrl-V to insert it (i.e. paste the file to the CF card on the MR-8)

6) When the file transfer is over (red light on the MR-8 is out) disconnect the MR-8 from the PC (see the manual for how to do this properly).

7) Turn off the MR-8.

8) While holding the STOP button on the MR-8, turn it on again.

9) The MR-8 asks you to confirm upgrade "VERSION UP" by pressing RECORD and YES. Do this, and wait for the MR-8 to finish its upgrade.

10) Turn the MR-8 off, and then back on, and you are done.

regards, Nils

MR8 update it worked!

Hey cool that did it. V1.02 installed. Next question is-what card do I use for more memory. I know thier is a bunch of funky joo joo on cards right now. Do you have one that is working for you. Thanks

Is this update worth it? I mean what is updated on it? I haven't put an update in over a year.

Mr8 V1.02

Well I guess it's worth it. It was a free download. Just time and computer work. Once I got it figured out (with the help of this forum -Thanks Nils K) I am hoping it will give better card reading ability. With all the bizare stuff going on with the cards and the price of the darn buggers I didn't want any glitches. Or, rather wanted less glitches

Back