mr8 and compressor and eq

I wouldn't use a 31-band EQ while recording at all - there shouldn't be a reason to...

If needed at all, the compressor can be patched in via your channel inserts, assuming you have an analog mixer.

If you're using a preamp, then you can patch the compressor in between the preamp outputs and the recorder inputs.

Blue bear, The reson that he wants to run through an eq before recording, is because the eq on the vf-16, 160, vf-80 and mr-8 suck. the high and the lows are ok but the low eq is fixed at 400hz. I have to run through a eq before i record if i want deep lows.

Dave: Plug the mic into the back of the eq into a input that says: Ch:1 in. and then get a guitar cable and plug it into the one that says: Ch:1 out. and then plug the end of that cable into the Ch:1 input on the back of the compressor and then get another guitar cable and plug it into the Ch: 1 out and plug the end of that into the record input. I have to do the same thing each time i record. It's a drag but when done right it helps. I'm getting a computer for the studio soon and i'm going to put Cool Edit Pro on it and start sending the audio from my vf-16 to the software for eq and compression.

Good luck.

Zeke

And don't forget good mic placement too. I red in Eq mag, that Bob Rock, Producer for Metallica, Used alot of diffurent mics to capture a kick drum. he would place them in places where phase would come in and alter the sound. he said it's sorta like eq. I recorded my drums flat but i half to Boost som lows and highs to get the "Sparkle" in the sound. Hey Blue Bear: listen to my latest recording "Waiting for the messiah" does it Sound better then my other recordings? www.nowhereradio.com/zeke/singles

Zeke

Just a quick check on computer speakers --- some serious timing/tuning issues on the drums/guitars. Vocals were pitchy, too.........

In all honesty - it was a better mix than I thought it would be.... you're on the right track!

Concentrate on performance issues first, though.... people (except engineers!) will forgive a bad mix much more easily than a bad performance...

Last edited:
Yeah. you see, The guy that wrote that song, His bass player who is a good friend of myne, gace me permission to post the song. I agreed to put it to where not just anyone could download it. That suited him.

Back