MR16HD require level surface for operation?

gehauser

During recording, I would like to set my MR16HD on a wooden stand that straddles my preamp. As shown in the pics, the stand I just built for this has a surface sloping at about 40 degrees (up from horiz) for convenient use of the recorder's controls while sitting in front of it. The stand has a little ledge that catch the recorder's feet, and I also use a thin velcro strap around the entire assembly. It is very stable and nice, but I am concerned about the hard drive if used when not level.

Is there any problem with the hard drive operating like this on a non-level surface?

Thanks.

Attachments

• picmore 001.jpg
    picmore 001.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 15
  • picmore 002.jpg
    picmore 002.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 15
  • picmore 003.jpg
    picmore 003.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Never mind, guys, I eventually got an answer from Fostex rep who said it's no problem in any angled position. The hard drive will operate just fine. I'm updating this thread just in case someone else has the same question.

I thought this might be the case but I have read some threads saying hard drives should either be horizontal or vertical.

Guess this is the only thread where the OP answered his own question with no other replies !

Guess you just beat us to it. I like the wooden stand you built. When it sits flat, the display is impossible to see.

Back