MR-8HD - Loss of volume of the WAV file on the PC/LAPTOP

keithos28

The process of recording on the Fostex MR-8HD is:, (1) after recording all your tracks; (2) bouncing your tracks 1-6 to tracks 7/8; (3) converting the two mono WAV on tracks 7/8 to a stereo WAV file and (4) finally exporting the WAV to your PC/Laptop.
I have found on occasions that the sound of my WAV [on my PC] is very low.
Now during the recording of all tracks and also the bouncing process I have always precisely followed
The rules in the manual about adjusting all track faders to the correct/Max "=" position.
Obviously something happens to volume/sound on the way to becoming a WAV file.
When I listen to the recording on the MR-8HD, it sounds great :listeningmusic: , but the end result on the PC, makes me go back and start adjusting the mixing and bouncing process again.:confused:

Has anyone experienced this ? Comments ?

Not noticed this problem but the files are digital so the volume should be correctable using an audio editor.

Terfyn,
many thanks. I re - bounced the tracks and this time the volume on the wav [on the laptop] came out great.
But some parts [harmony vocals] appear to close to the mic. I presume I can use my AUDACITY to fix that.
This will be a learning experience on doing that; as have never tried that..........tskvm

Back