MR-8 space limitations - new card or new unit?

mrx

Hey, y'all -

As much as I love my MR-8, I'm discovering that the space limitation can hinder the creative process. If I'm tracking something 'planned', like a band demo of cover songs, there's no problem as the transfering of tracks to computer just becomes part of the 'process' of recording. Unfortunately, when used in the context of writing or arranging, a 'Card Full' message can destroy the flow.

Have those of you with 512MB cards found enough 'elbow room' to work without watching the card capacity, or is it time to look for a recorder with a hard drive? I can't live without the tight integration of USB/Memory Card for painlessly transfering files, so that may mean leaving Fostex (unless there's a new VF with USB...)

Thanks!

cf card space

I have a 256 card and have yet to run out of space. If your still using the 128 card I can feel your pain. But yes, from other posts I've read ,a 512 card will give you the elbow room you need for large projects. See the ''cf card user experience'' thread in this room. It will give you places to buy them and what brands are compatible with the MR8. Or if your budget allows get a recorder with the hard drive. But if you're importing and exporting with usb, a larger cf is all you need. Good luck Pj

Back