MR-8 Question - Newbie

bknutson6

I am having trouble transferring wav files from my pc back to the MR-8 using Wavemanager. I am using a Scandisk card reader...I can tranfer tracks to the computer fine, but when I want to transfer a track back to the card I get to the point in Wavemanager where the tracks are identifed with checks in the boxes, my card reader is identified, but there is no song title in the "Song Name" box and it won't let me add a name. As a result the "Export" button is not active and no transfer takes place. I've searced the archives and have found other hints, but not this one specifically. I have reloaded Wavemanager, and other than this problem everything seems to work fine. Thanks for any advice.

Bill

format

the file has to be saved correctly or it doesnt work.

file has to be a 16 bit mono file at 441 sampling rate, THEN you have to name the file tr01.wav or tr02.wav (the number corrisponds to the track you want it to show up on on the mr 8)

Thanks for the reply Dave. I guess I didn't specify that these are files I transferred to my computer that were recorded on the MR-8. I assume that if it was recorded on the MR-8 and then moved to the computer that I should be able to move it back the same way......but so far no go. Everything looks fine until it is time to hit the "Export" button, but it isn't active. The only thing missing that I can see is there is not song name, but it won't let me add on. Any more suggestions?

This same thing has happened to me in the past. What dave said is one thing you need to make sure of and also try creating a new song file on the MR8 and then transferring to it (I think that is what I did?). This could be wrong, but I remember when I was having problems with this the solution was something simple.

That did it!

Thanks you guys. Kdgospel, your suggestion about creating a new song file on the flash card in the MR-8 before putting it in the card reader did the trick. You were right, it was something simple.

card reader

Yea in any case you do have to have a song named on the card, the reason i mention naming the file, when i move tracks from the computer to the mr8 they are out of n track, and the file name will be something other than, tr01.wav, so i have to rename the file. and n track has to be set to create a 16 bit 144 mono file or it doesnt work...
I work in 32 bit to keep the resoution high then change it..
what program do you use? Or are you just storing files on the pc (works great too)
glad you got it to work....

Dave....thanks for your suggestions, I know they'll be usefull to me when I start working with the tracks on the computer. At this point I am just storing the files on the PC and have been doing the mixing on the MR-8. I have downloaded the trial version of N Tracks but haven't taken the time to fool around with it yet. That will be next. Now that I am comfortable moving tracks back and forth I am ready for the next step. Thanks again.

n track

start using it as soon as possible, even with the limited trial version you WONT beleive the difference in your sound when you get a 20 band eq on each channel , amoung many other qualities

Re: n track

dave in toledo said:
start using it as soon as possible, even with the limited trial version you WONT beleive the difference in your sound when you get a 20 band eq on each channel , amoung many other qualities

Dave are you talking about having 20 bands on the included parametric eq in n-track? This is something I have really not got into much. Most of the time I have had only about 5 or 6 bands. I know different eq is needed for different things but how do you use the 20? Do you just have the bands on the ends as the high/low pass or what?

eq bands

when you open the eq window on a channel, there is a button that sez add new band, hit that and the you have to drag the red dot over, it will keep adding bands on top of each other but you have to move them yourself, it will add up to 20 band per channel,

Re: eq bands

dave in toledo said:
when you open the eq window on a channel, there is a button that sez add new band, hit that and the you have to drag the red dot over, it will keep adding bands on top of each other but you have to move them yourself, it will add up to 20 band per channel,

I realize this, but I guess I'm looking for advice on what kind of bands do you make them. The low shelve/high shelve or band boost etc.

eq

i usually use the band boost cut, i use the others, high shelf low shelft etc.. like a pre set, then tweek the frequencies a little..

under band boost and cut, u use sweeping eq bands to weed out offending frequencies...

sorry i didnt understand....

Back