mr 8 driver

picker523

I JUST HAD ALL MY SOFTWARE WIPED OFF MY COMPUTER AND I DON'T HAVE THE DRIVER FOR MY MR8 (USB?) ANYMORE AND I CAN'T FIND MY MANUAL.CAN ANYONE HELP?

I don't think there are drivers for your MR8 in your pc unless they are included in the wavmanager or update files. Wavmanager and updates can be obtained from the fostex site.
If there are some USB drivers for your pc that you are missing I don't think they have anything to do with the MR8 except that you won't be able to use USB until you download them from your pc company website.

Hoping that was a voluntary "wipe".
What kdgospel said...

Let me know how it turns out, and what you had to do...
I gotta wipe my wifes puter soon....

Something Ive done with XP has caused a HUGE delay between the time I connect and the time it recognizes it...

What OS are you using?

cellar,
It has been a long time since I made the adjustments, but I think there is a setting that you set a certain way that will recognize the MR8 faster. For example it has a setting where you can set the machine (in XP) to play a CD automatically when inserting a music CD. I like all mine to be manual. The program called TweakUI will allow you to readily tweak these settings however you want them and it is free.

I had a lot of problems getting the MR8 to "connect" to my computer when it was running XP. I just got fed up and used my Windows 2k pro cd that came with my last computer. but it could just be I'm more used to Win2k and didn't want to mess with XP.

It may be coincidence, but as soon as I open device manager(I think it is) it will immediately start to read from the MR8.

Once it has recognized it, I can push "stop" on the MR8 to "safely remove device", and as long as I don't remove the USB cable, it will immediately recognize it again upon returning to USB mode on the MR8.

FOUND PROBLEM

I didn'nt know that win. 98 doesn't support the mr 8 when i switched operating system but it does'nt. Anyway, thats why it didn't recognize the mr 8.I had xp but switched to conserve ram since xp gobbles up a lot of ram.Thanks for all your input and i hope someday this will help you.

Back