MR-8 and portable speakers

Rudy2

Hi all,

I just bought a used MR-8 on eBay and will have it in my hot little hands soon. I am totally new to digital recording so I know it will be a great learning tool. I am wondering how to easily get portable audio playback out of this unit that a group of people can hear. I see that the MR-8 has a left and right "buss signal" out sockets for 1/4" plugs. Can I run these directly to small speakers or do I need amplified speakers for this? Would the small Walkman type powered speakers work for this? What is the best way to go for easy and portable playback that an audience can hear? Thanks!

Rudy2

The stereo out buss is for mixing to analog, so it should work fine, but like frankieatc said, you'll need powered speakers with 1/4" adaptors. Also, they are stereo, so you will have to hook up to both busses to hear the whole signal coming out. Hope this helps!

Rokket said:
The stereo out buss is for mixing to analog, so it should work fine, but like frankieatc said, you'll need powered speakers with 1/4" adaptors. Also, they are stereo, so you will have to hook up to both busses to hear the whole signal coming out. Hope this helps!

So, to use Walkman speakers I need a cable with two mono 1/4" plugs on it that terminates with an 1/8" female stereo mini-plug, correct?

Rudy2

speakers

you would be better off with headphones, which is still not the way to go.... save up and buy some nearfeild monitors, it will be worth it

Back