Mpeg level 2.5 layer three

Angermeyer

So back in the days before i knew shit about shit I recorded a song with my friend (nice and lo-fi). It is a really cool song. Problem is I converted it to mp3 and promptly lost the wav file:rolleyes:

Even more unfortuantly i somehow compessed the wav to mpeg level 2.5 and not 3, only windows media player with play it. I tried to uncompress it back to a wav, but it sounds really extraordinarly fuzzy.

How can i make the level 2.5 level 3 or make it a decent wav file? Anyone know?

-Angermeyer

I got an idea

Play the song through Windows Media Player while holding a Shure SM57 microphone infront of the computers little speakers, and record that.

No man I am only kidding. Not trying to make fun of you. I have no clue how to help you. I am just getting in onthis thread so that ic an see what the outcome will be. I am sure someone on this site can help.

Re: I got an idea

pisces7378 said:
Play the song through Windows Media Player while holding a Shure SM57 microphone infront of the computers little speakers, and record that.

It would sound better than my coverted wav...

Chances are you're SOL.

Starting with an mp3 as opposed to a .wav to work with can introduce some pretty weird artifacts.

But if you say it was LO-Fi to begin with this shouldn't be that much of a problem.

What size is the file in question? I'm curious as to whether my SF S/W will recognize that format.

Back