MPD16 and FL

Scissorhands

Whenever I record, my sounds play back too early. When I'm playing my drums are perfectly on beat, but when I play it back they are all equally early. It's not a latency issue because they are early not late. I was wondering if anybody knows a way to fix this? Thanks.

First of all, download and install the latest software for your MPD16 here. Thanks to altitude909 for that link.

Then, if you're recording in pattern mode and the problem is consistent it's probably something to do with your quantize settings. If you're now using 32nd note quantize try 16th note quantize. If you're now using 16th note quantize try 8th note quantize. You probably won't want to be restricted to just 8th notes in a drum pattern, but try it anyway and see what happens and post again with the results.

think of the MPD as just keyboard with 16 square keys, cuase thats what it is. If you can get a keyboard controller working with FL then the MPD will be set up exactly the same way

altitude909 said:
think of the MPD as just keyboard with 16 square keys, cuase thats what it is. If you can get a keyboard controller working with FL then the MPD will be set up exactly the same way

Did you even read my problem?

sorry, my head was somewhere else for some reason

What driver/soundcard are you using? Wrong driver can cause this

Do you have a keyboard that you can try this with so you can isolate the problem? If you do, try recording something and see if that comes in early also

Back