MPC 2000XL vs Korg Trinton

To tell you the truth, I know that these are both expensive piece of equipment, but they are both really good. I'm not sure how powerful the sampler is on the Triton, but I would guess that it's pretty good to work with until you can get something like an MPC. The sampling capabilities on the MP are hot. The only thing I don't like is the lack of time-slice, but I only worked with MPC 2000, not the XL, so I don't know what it has. Anyway, I would say if you play keys, get the Triton and save for the MP, but if your just looking for a sampler, get the MP. Ultimately I gotta tell you to go to the store and just play around with both until you can figure it out.

peace,
da muzicman

They are totally different pieces of gear, so you can't really compare them. If you can afford one piece, though, I'd get the Triton. The sampler is very good, and has better features and flexibility than the MPC. The MPCs sampler is mainly for drums. The Triton sequencer is good, but not as tight as the MPC. Save up for the MPC after you get the triton, and work things out from there.
Peace

Back