mp7 emu.

As an alternate sound source/beat machine I would recommend it, but not if you want it as your only, or main piece.

its nice 2 play wit but hes right as a sole source dont do it 2 yourself get the mpc. i just opened th box on it and im happy.
mp-7 maybe wit alll the expansions but i dont kno i dont have them all.it does some cool shit tho and has the best manual i've had the plesure of fighting. didn't even have to fight it.

i bought one. I ve had it now for about half a year. It has alot of good kicks and snares. A shyt load acctually. I cant find anything else on it worth a whole lot. Some nice bass sounds. Its the mo phatt set. The way the machine works is sloppy though. Im not happy with its glitches. If I have a , lets say, 5 track beat. If i go to change the volume on one of the tracks ,, stop the beat ,, then start the beat,,, It doesnt stay ajusted till you bump the knob a hair. Seems to do weird stuff now and again. I set up midi controls to run my sampler with it and i ve found some problems. I set it up to play the sampler on ,, lets say,, track one. I record my beat with the mp7. Then on the play back,,, it doesnt play the sampler. Just when i physically press the key on the mp7. I originally had an rm1x yamaha. Still got it by the way. I went from one mistake to buying another. what should i do????????

aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! darn.

tj jr.

If you are looking for an all-in-one solution then yes, I would say get a keyboard workstation w/ onboard sampler.

TJ... What don't you like about the RM1X?

I use one to run a whole rack load of shit with no problems. Easy to setup. Easy to sequence the shit and edit it plus it's got a bunch of tricks to. Only problem I've really had is the buttons wore out.

You tried sequencing the MP7 with the RM1X? Shit sounds like a dope combo to me.

ACTUALLY , I LOVE THE SEQUENCER ON THE RM1X. i JUST DONT LIKE THE SOUNDS. SOME ARE OK I GUESS. I GREW BOARD WITH EM. I WANT A KEYBOARD CONTROLLER. i FIGURED IF I GET ALL THIS STUFF SEPERATE, WHY NOT JUST GET IT ALL IN ONE. BUT THATS A BIT OF MONEY. I COULD SELL THE MP7 AND GET THE MO PHATT SOUND MODULE, THEN USE THE LEFT OVER MONEY TO BUY A KEYBOARD CONTROLLER. HHHHMMMMMMM....... i NEED CHANGE. BUT IS THERE ANY SAMPLERS I COULD RUN WITH THE RM1X THAT TAKES WAV FILES? FOR CHEAP? SO I COULD LOAD NEW DRUM KITS.

The RM1X can control just about anything you shoot at it. It's my main sequncer for a... JV1010, Korg 01/w, Planet Phatt, DM5, ASR-X pro (my sampler), Peavy Synth, Dr. 202, and anything else I may want to throw in there. Massive amouts of control.

The question is about what sampler you wanna throw at it. No doubt it can handle it though.

I'd (if I was you) just use the MP7 sequenced by the RM1X along with some of the RM1X sounds tweaked up and add EFX and midi tricks.

PS... THE RM1X's BUTTON WILL GO BAD IF YOU PLAY THEM TOO LONG AND TOO HARD. ONLY USE THEM ONLY FOR MUTES AND OTHER PROGRAMMING TYPE SHIT. I got some bad buttons and the shit is a real pain. Maybe use your MP7 as a controller until you cop something better.

Unless the module can do more (sound editing and yadda) then i'd keep the MP7 cause you already got it plus it has a sequencer even if you don't like it. Might come in handy. Then top that off with some extra knobs that can send midi data to your RM1X and the better pads that won't go bad... it seems like the better choice to me.

Keep in mind i've never used the MP7 so it's really on how you fell about it.

Why would you want to change for a sound module?

$$$ I would sell the mp7 cause i only wanted new sounds. I was originally gonna sell the rm1x when i bought the mp7.it. Now I realize since i only want the new sounds,,, that s what i should have. The money I would get back out of the deal would let me buy more stuff. prolly more usefull than the sequencer in the mp7.

the mp7 is glitchy anyway. When you set an effect with an effect knob,, it would go back to normal sometimes. and then sometimes it wouldnt . I have a hard time dealing with it. sometimes you would have to erase tracks and start em over to get the levels or effects you want. the midi is weird too. when you control an external device,,,, and make a track,,,, the play back would not play that device. it would when you physicaly press the controller button on the mp7,, but not in a recorded playback. I hope im making some sence hear. I know what i mean,,but dont say what i mean sometimes.
tj jr.

I understand what you're saying. MP7 just isn't working out for you... You got a better idea of what you need than anybody else. The module and extra doe may be the way to got then. Hope you can get your loot back though. Cats always looking for a steal on used stuff.

The RM1X is a dope sequencer to have though... Whatever sound module you use should be able to work pretty good with it. Just remember about the buttons. That shit'll stop the show.

i shouldnt have a problem getting my money back out of it. I bought it off of ebay used. I should get a little under what i paid. Even though if forget exactly what i paid. I think 7something. Anyway ,, the mp7s bring more than the module on ebay. ,,,i will get a controller with the left over. ,, thanks,
tj jr.

dont know if you still have it or not but they go for 6 bills now any way. your better off keepin it it has mo phatt sounds and proteus 2000 and you get can buy exp brds. for cheaper than buyin other emu racks in the future. as far as the glitch with the knobs and effects when you change it save every time right away and it will stick (i know its an inconvenience)i'm not 2 fond of mine either but i'd keep it b4 tradin it in for mo phatt rack plus give it a little time and it grows on u a little

I know what you mean. I recently have made a few tracks with it and now i have maybe a total of 20 to 30 beats. Some of them are nice,,,, I think anyway. I just wish i could use it to control external items such as my akai s2000. I can set it up to play it when i press a key on the mp7,, but when it plays back ,, it doesnt play the note anymore. I cant win.

I'm still not understanding ow you are using things in you setup...The RM1X can tye everthing in together real nice.

Do you have your equipment set up like this...

MP7 as a sound module comin out from the RM1X
as a controller going into the RM1X

S1000 on midi thru of the MP7 (reverse that if the S1000 has midi thru and the MP7 doesn't)

Turn the local control off on the MP7. I don't know if it can be done but probably so. This way all controller features go to the RM1X first and can be recorded by the RM1X and easily repeated.

Go into the RM1X setup screen and setup it up so whenever you change tracks the RM1X will send the input to that track.

I have sucessfully run up to 8 different sound modules this way with no problems at all. The RM1X is a champ when it comes to sequencers. Shouldn't have a problem running a mp7 and S1000.

Hope I'm helping...Peace.

Back