mp3 in development named ... er ... ...

Elyst

well I just felt a superior force taking me away from the books I was supposed to study and force me into the little attic I kindly call "studio"... some ideas quickly came, then some poor editing followed and this is the result. I was wondering if I should post it but then I though "what the hell I already posted here stuff of me singing so it doesn't get any worse than that!"... relax this one doesn't have voice.

I learned how "to turn mono into stereo"... well sort of...
I duplicated the track, delayed it a few miliseconds (something unnoticeable) and panned the tracks left and right accordingly.
Converting the exported wma to mp3 left some weird clicks but I hope you can bear them (they're not in the original)

The drums are just temporary of course, I intent to ask someone around here or in some other music forum or, if no one wants to uselessly waste their precious time, I will make the drums myself in MIDI... with VST's...

I just hope I didn't screw the song while editing and cutting some parts...

here is the link

Forgot to mention. I'm looking for collaborators.

Its as simple as this. I'm not taking recording professionally (although I whised to do so).
I want to collaborate with someone. I know it'd be hard to find someone from portugal in here but thanks to modern days internet one can easily collaborate even if from different parts of the world.

I'd like to work with (at least) a drummer, since the drums have always been the toughest part in my recordings (since I don't have actual drums).

So if you're interested in having a little fun, gimme a pm, get to know me and I'm sure we'll do a wonderfull work ; )

Why are you working in wma? What are you recording into etc.
the clicks are awful, sorry - & they hurt a bit in h/phones.
Your timing is pretty much all over the shop & the click track accentuates that.
I can't really comment on the musical content as the clicking took over in my head.

Once again a thousand times sorry for the awfull clicks.
I don't understand what happened, I used the same method as always.
Only this time I used 2 mono tracks to make a stereo and then panned the sound.

I work on cubase (if anyone knows a easier more intuitive program I'm open to suggestions).
Cubase doesn't export files to mp3, only to wav.

What I did then was use one of those cheap converters to make the file into an mp3.

Until the mp3 there no clicks at all.

Those pops are from CPU load or Clipping or something. Maybe your mixing too hot. turn it all down - you can normalize in Audacity when you convert to Mp3 - the timing is pretty off but I could only listen to a few seconds as the pops were too annoying. It could be happening in your mp3 converter. Idea seems cool from what I heard

wow..that was pretty bad man....timing is way off and the pops devastated my monitors...

I see... I can't be lazy on the cuts and edits...

I'm going to get audacity and convert things properly from now on. I'm still learning how to deal with stereo y know.

BUT, the idea itself is not bad. Maybe if I get to fix and re record some tracks properly, with someone around giving me some good drums and all... it could come together nicely..

Back