MP3? How bout a high budget music video in HD?

Mistral

RyosaMusic
I recently mixed an EP for a melodic metal band in Norway and got a little bit of help here along the way. So I thought I'd let you ladies and gents check out the result. We had a video done for the song, first one the band has ever had and they've been around a long time.. 14 years. We'd appreciate your comments (either here or on Youtube)!

Also I would like to say thanks to the fine people here for helping me get started with a music production career.. I've visited these forums for what, 8 years now and I consider what I have learned from you all invaluable.

So here's the vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqnlQ7jnXps&fmt=22

Cheers!

Very cool stuff indeed! Thanks for sharing it!

I do video work as well as music (the video's mostly drab corporate stuff) and to me, there's nothing more potent than the combination of music and visual imagery.

Pretty nifty vid. and the music sounds fine. Vocally, though, it reminds me of Smack jack era Nina hagen.

So I'm currently paused to let the video load and buffer. I've got to say, that dude is really weird looking!

Song sounds cool so far though. The "why" I paused in the middle of sounds quite menacing! :D

Edit: That was really cool! Nice video! (Though the lead singer definitely did not get prettier as it progressed.)

I think the video and audio production on this are both great. I'm pretty firm in my stance against growling, but even I think in this song, it works out pretty well. Did people sing like that 14 years ago?

I guess I wouldn't know. 14 years ago, I was listening to Kris Kros.

I think the video and audio production on this are both great. I'm pretty firm in my stance against growling, but even I think in this song, it works out pretty well. Did people sing like that 14 years ago?

Ehehe. Yeah, black metal has been around for over 20 years. I was just discovering metal myself around that time, prior to that I listened to nothing but rap. Sad.

14 years ago, I was listening to Carcass, Deicide, Death, Morta Skuld, At The Gates, Slayer, Gomorrah, Napalm Death, Cannibal Corpse, Entombed, Morbid Angel, Obituary, Dismember, Cradle of Filth, etc.....

So yes, there certainly was cookie monster growling screaming grunting vox back then!

Oh, and cool vid/song too btw, gotta love a chick with a pearl necklace :D

Nice work, man!:)
Sounds like a mix of Smashing Pumpkins, Satyricon, Cradle of Filth....etc.
Really like this style and the video seems very professional to me. Must have cost a healthy sum too...;) Mix is great.
Great stuff!

Cheers
Joe :):)

Back