MP3 for the dog lover !

Mountaineer

I Just put an MP3 for dog lovers out there. This is a version of the 1970's Gilbert O'Sullivan tune "Alone Again, Naturally" . . . as sung by our two dogs. They hate it when we leave the house for overnight trips.

Go to idrive.com . . . enter "PAPicker" in the visitor block . . . and play or D/L the AloneAgainNaturally.MP3 file.

The modified song lyrics can be found at the this site > Lyrics Here

Enjoy !!

Regards,
PAPicker

Hair beats feathers!...that was great...the vocals were outtasite, dog sounds, everything....dog people gotta hear this....gibs

My mom's got one of those hounds. His name is Duke and he owns the place. I understand completely and I just have cats.
Great execution and those lyrics worked.
May I recommend the laser exercise plan?
Electric fence?

I have a list of 70's tunes I'd like to butcher with a weird cover some time. I have to cross that one off now (seriously, it was on the list). "hair beats feathers"... you kill me.

I dont know, I felt like barking. It was ruff, ruff I say! No, but really, I need to go outside and pee on a tree! hehe.

Man, thats quite a contrast from Model Man. Makes me wonder whats comming next.

Gibs> Glad you liked it ! The "hair beats feathers" line is sort of an inside joke . . . we have a canary too . . . and a flying squirrel ! Doing the vocals for this tune was fun as heck. The dog sounds are actually the stars themselves . . recorded with an AT4033 I might add . . . I got the Yorkie to bark on cue with his rope toy, but I had to temp the Maltese with a snack ... he howls beautifully, however, when you blow any note on a harmonica. The Yorkie can't howl at all . . . instead, he squeals like a pig.

drstawl>Dogs are smart as hell It's funny, but they know when my wife is leaving the house by the shoes she wears. Don't know much about cats, although we just adopted a stray . . . she spends part of the day in the woods by our home, but comes around for all meals. Unfortunately, we feel she was abused by previous owners . . . she's very cautious in approaching us. We are trying to get the dogs acquainted with her by Winter, when, we will have to take her inside.
You must expand on the "laser exercise plan" . . . not sure if I get it, but, seeing how you have cats, I would have to guess that they like to chase the little red dot around . . . am I correct ?

pglewis>I only do covers for two reasons . . . 1 ) for fun & 2 ) to test equipment and learn how to mix. This particular song brings back a lot of memories. The original lyrics for " Alone Again, Naturally " were written by a woman from my home town in Louisiana. I lived a few blocks away from the tower she planned to jump off of when she contemplated suicide. She sold all the rights to the song to O'Sullivan. It was the talk of the town when it began to get radio airtime.

Kaputo>Thanks for the review ! What's next ? . . . hmmm Actually, I've got three sets of lyrics that are screaming for music. They are all love songs written for my wife, but I have had a tough time writing music to do the lyrics justice. It's funny, the lyrics come quite easily . . . I consider myself lucky to have a wife I'm totally nuts over. Anyway, that's the plan.

Regards,
PAPicker

PAPicker: Yeah- you hit it on the head with the laser exercise. I can get my cats to jump six feet in the air when they're really into it. Other than a minivan full of little kids, nothing wears them out like the laser. Then they sleep quietly and are oh so cute.
Your cat will warm up to the hounds eventually. Not so sure about the canary or the squirrel... :)

Back