Moving Channel Strips

itsme1234

Hi. I am having a hell of a time trying to rearrange my channel strips.

I am in the environment and I see that you can move them about however, some seem to be 'locked' to each other in a set of groups.

For instance, all the audio channels are locked to each other, The BUS tracks are locked to each other, some of the instrument tracks are randomly locked to each other....and I can move all of them seperately.

Is there a way to ungroup these so I can put anything where I want it? Its making it very difficult to mix this way. Thanks!

Heres a screenshot of what I mean below. All the channel strips that are right next to each other with no spaces are locked to each other. Also, I have an instance where there seems to be a channel directly on top of another in the environment window but I cannot get to the channel below it because they are locked as well.

Screenshot2011-04-16at44331PM.png

Have you tried re-arranging through them through the arrange window? Is this your first project or is this the first time this has happened to you?

i seem to have been way off. i was just grabbing them in the wrong place. I hate how logic is so picky with the spot where you click to move or size something.

also, I cannot figure out how to move the channel strips in the mixer view. i thought doing this through the environment would move them in the mixer, but it did not. I cn move them in the arrange window and it seem to get them in some sort of similar order, but say I wanted to move the buses and aux sends around.

anyone know how to do this? thanks!

i seem to have been way off. i was just grabbing them in the wrong place. I hate how logic is so picky with the spot where you click to move or size something.

also, I cannot figure out how to move the channel strips in the mixer view. i thought doing this through the environment would move them in the mixer, but it did not. I cn move them in the arrange window and it seem to get them in some sort of similar order, but say I wanted to move the buses and aux sends around.

anyone know how to do this? thanks!

You can't move channel strips in the mixer, use the arrange window. You can create tracks for aux/bus channel strips that don't have one already, and drag those around.

Back