Movin On - mjhamil / ido1957

Sounds pretty good. The TTS Drums are... ya know. Eh... The song itself is cool. It's a bit out of time in some spots. That rhythm guitar is kind of thin. Add some more low end to that. The bass sounds DIed without processing. A low pass filter and a compressor would help that. The vocals are really good. With a few tweaks this could be great.

Sounds pretty good. The TTS Drums are... ya know. Eh... The song itself is cool. It's a bit out of time in some spots. That rhythm guitar is kind of thin. Add some more low end to that. The bass sounds DIed without processing. A low pass filter and a compressor would help that. The vocals are really good. With a few tweaks this could be great.

The guitars do sound thin in this mix, a remix and adjust would definitely help. We'll keep trying, Thanks!

Hey Squibble! agree about the guitars - just need some time (who doesn't) to do some playing around with the X3 presets and knobs. You can get pretty deep into it; we just used a JCM preset. This is our first quick mix after getting the tracks down so once we have a few days to listen we'll probably pick up a few things we want to change... Appreciate the listen and the feedback!

I like guitars (ido ..:cool:) (thin? just a bit,, maybe), voice it´s ok, good bass guitar tone,...

Drums?Terrible, sorry ("out of time" is the least...)

Ciro

Thanks CIRO - We heard that on another site, something to the effect that the drums have some odd shuffle/push to them. We can have a look at that.

Hello Gerry & Mike,
I like the song very much.
There is an odd timing thing going on that makes the rhythm guitar seem out - when it plainly isn't.
The bass tone is GOOD. there may be a little leve automation to do to level things a bit but I wouldn't compress or fiddle with the tone.
Is it two guitar hard panned with a solo up the middle & bass?
There may be a little interplay between the guitars that emphasises the timing issue - probably the result of latency. You may need to nudge one forward or back a TINY bit.
Vocals are fine for the song.
I like the guitar sound - but I'm a trebbly MIJ single coil nut so pay me no mind.
Once you know what's what I'd suggest you get PIntensity to drum his little magic again.
Oh, BVOX with both of you would REALLY fill in the tone & make this happen. Mike's are good but I think you need the combination of the two.
The solo is sweet but the deliberate hesitatnt notes at the beginning are complicated by the timing prob so that they sound uncertain rather than what they are.
Keep at it.
Holidays with music - WOW. Terry & I have only managed half a day together in the last decade.

Hi RayC! Yes, 2 guitars hard panned with bass and lead in middle, we have some tweaking to do and then there's the drums....Thanks about the bass tone, I agree it seems good for this song. I may suggest to Gerry that the the lead should go full length with tasty little Clapton frills here and there. Hopefully we can find some time soon.
Mike (mjhamil)

the rhythm gits at the 9 sec mark seem to cut across or work against each other - the synchopation needs to be either emphasised or reduced.
PI's shuffle sounds cool in the tune.
The 1st couple note of the solo need to be addressed too. The very 1st, because of it's placement seems either hesitant or too abrupt - not sure which.
Good song and well develped so far.

I'll get Mike to edit:

Solo - there are several redo's of the solo to select from or he can nudge it forward or back.

Rhythm - find the culprit and nudge it as well...

Thanks for the heads up Ray!

The mix is kind of disheveled. The rhythm gits are bright, really upper-midrangey, too centered, and tromping all over everything. They're really throwing the mix off. Everything else seems to be okay, but it's hard to tell with those clean guitars blowing my face off. :o

Thanks Greg and Jason (JJ). A few more tweaks should help and the live drums do spank! The guitars actually sound interesting in high res/ loud with the clean guitars actually producing a sort of reverb/ panning effect, and the lead guitar deliberate delay could've been supported better by the friggin bass but a nudge might help. I'm very busy at day job but will try some things shortly thanks to some very appreciated good comments and suggestions.
Mike

Thanks Ray and Dodgeaspen - we're happier with the second version also. Mike has a few tweaks he wants to do and I have a few too.

Back