Mountain Dew Commercial

The vocals in the first part are hard to discern. I kept trying to understand what the words were. I have no idea why in a mixing sense so I have no suggestions. The singing is pretty *ummm* bad for the Axl part. It turned me off listening to it. Just sayin'.... Otherwise I think the mix itself is pretty good...

Interesting. This doesn't sound like any MTN DEW commercial I've ever seen.

The vocals are pretty tough to make out throughout most of it. Though I thought the hair metal part sounded fine.

For some reason it reminds me of the soundtrack for "Hoodwinked" (I have kids). Wish I remembered the name of the band, they were the best part of the film...

Vocals are hard to understand, which won't work for a commercial- the message is key. But nevermind all that- how did you get that gig?

The vocals in the first part are hard to discern. I kept trying to understand what the words were. I have no idea why in a mixing sense so I have no suggestions. By the way it is really amazing and outstanding.

good points. maybe some automation or low end clean up on the vox will give more clarity. ill give it another go. ill post the commercial when the video portion is complete.

the gets a bit hard to understand around :31, not sure if thats what you are going for ;) Sounds nice other than that.
I "did" so much dew in college that my stomach cant take it anymore :D

I love mountain dew, but now I'm reconsidering after listening to that. WTF was that supposed to be? A real commercial? Is this for a contest or something? No way they paid for that. The general idea is funny, but it's a mess. The words are unintelligible.

Back