MOTU UltraLite MK3 as AudioInteface+Microphone Preamp;

Baster

It is time to change my current audio interface (m-audiophile 24/96)...
I have around 600$ to spend on audio interface/preamp combination but what if i keep my m-audio pci interface and buy decent preamp for my rode nt1-a... im just looking for good vocal record sound quaility into my Windows XP machine... Suggestions, anybody, please?

My gut says the 2496 would be the weak link in your chain if you upgrade your preamp. That said, I haven't worked with that particular M-Audio hardware, so I can't say that with certainty. The Ultralite MK3 would definitely be a step up in terms of number of inputs. :)

That said, when you're upgrading things like pres and interfaces, you'll hear a lot of difference in the high frequencies and in the noise level, but it isn't going to dramatically change the overall character of the sound. If you're only recording vocals and you don't like the sound, your money would probably be better spent on a mic that suits your voice better.

I had some ART tube pac but only for 5 days because i rented from my friend and all i can say is that preamp sucks.... :mad: but anyway, i would buy motu because it has 2 mic pre inputs, headphones n stuff but i dont really need those things i just want good preamp and good ad\da conversion, but i dont know much about those stuff so excuse me if im getting annoying but im really confused about what should i get...

Its all good man. :)

If you want quality, you're going to want to buy both preamps and conversion separately. Most of all of the prosumer items are just about the same as far as conversion quality/mic pre quality goes.

I would suggest a good used Apogee converter (maybe a Mini-DAC) and a good pre that suits your style. If you're doing vocals, maybe you should shoot for a clean preamp (IE, one that won't color your sound). Millenia, John Hardy, and Seventh Circle Audio come to mind.

Hope this helps your frustration a bit. :)

Brandon

Thanks good people for replies...
@Neve,
Apogee Mini-Dac in my country costs around 660 eur , and thats all my money I have...Can't spend all money on converter...:(
What you think about this preamps/channel strips: Aphex 207, Joemeek OneQ, dbx 376 Tube Channel Strip with Digital Out, PreSonus Eureka

I know we talked a lot about this preamps but im in specific situation so i need to buy preamp as soon as possible and i dont want to make mistake like last time........:mad:.

Back