MOTU on PC

W.S. Walcott

I am currently using a Roland VS2480 to record....Got some outboard gear as well, but I'm getting ready to make the jump to PC.

Skipping the PC part and jumping to Soundcard....

Say if I were to get a MOTU 828....Does this limit my software options to Digital Performer? Or could I use any (Cubase,Nuendo etc.) Forgive the basic questions here, I'm just looking through some catalogs like Sweetwater, and trying to get a pic of how much $$$ I'm gonna have to spend to get a PC setup that can put me where my gearlust requires....

Anybody throw me some bones?

W.S. Walcott said:
...Say if I were to get a MOTU 828....Does this limit my software options to Digital Performer? Or could I use any (Cubase,Nuendo etc.)

Absolutely, the 828 will work with just about any of the programs that run on a PC. I haven't found one yet that wouldn't support it.
In fact, I believe the later versions of Digital Performer only work on Mac.

i dont know how true this is , but a pro ae on another forum i zoomed through was saying motu was thin sounding.
so maybe others can comment.

The 828mkII doesn't sound thin to my ears .... maybe my ears are just not "pro" enough. :rolleyes:
MixFoundation.org and the 2004 TEC awards saw something good in the 828's converters. Enough to pick it over the Apogee Rosetta 800.

Back