Motu 2408 and ADAT XT 20 sync pops

kristian

I have just spent the past 4 hours not getting my ADAT to play nice with my MOTU 2408 mkI. This is an ODD issue. I have the latest PCI324 drivers and have tried many configurations. Using the ADAT's clock doesn't work. It gives me an error when i try to press the record button in Vegas 4. I run windows 2000 on an AMD2500+, MSI K7N2 Delta L mobo, 512MB ram, and I also have a delta 44 in the computer as well. they play fine for playback and analogue recording so I am assuming it is the digital clocks being off since it is a cyclical sound.
take a listen, it is only ~400KB you can hear at 4.5 seconds where i hit play on the ADATs and the cracks start. Right now I have the PCI324 internal clock running. Funny thing is is that only tracks 1-5 on ADAT 1 and trakc s 1-2 on ADAT 2 have the problems on the tracks once dumped to the computer. If I listen through my mixer nothing is wrong. Any help here? With my old setup I had syncing problems but worked around them but those old fixes don't seem to work anymore.

The MOTU must be set to SLAVE to the ADAT Optical incoming signal.In any digital transfer, the MASTER always gets to put it into the SLAVE.:D

thanks for the reply, I tried it. but maybe i had the sync cable going the wrong way? i have ADAT 1 -> ADAT 2 -> PCI 324... but I still got the weird sound on those 7 tracks.

i love you! :eek: haha. you know what, i had tried that optical but i used bank B instead of bank C and bank C has the master ADAT coming into it. I think that should have worked anyway. but still, thanks for making me try it the right way!!! i hate recording when things like this dont work, but when it works all of a sudden you feel so goooood. thanks again!

Back