Motu 1224 users, analogue outputs specifically.

superspit

idiots unite!
Hi People,
As I understand it, the 1224 interface has 8 ana outputs, and 2 'Main Outs'?.
(Excuse my skill set with this particular product, mine hasn't arrived yet).

So is this interface a true 10 ana output?...ie.Can I actually, say, place my 8 part drumkit on the 8 outs (into my desk) and playback a seperate stereo program mix via the 'Main-Outs'? (thru another 2 channels into my desk).

Looking at some specs appears to indicate this, but your kind and practical experiences (in my experince) tend to be way better.

A Delta 1010, for example, has 8 ana outs, ONLY....
the 1224 appears to have a full and accessible 10 ana outs (8 channels seperate in operation to the 'main outs').......am I right in stating that?....man!..that could be very handy!

Also, as I use a desk, I will have no need for any potential software mixing programs that could get in my way.......is it as easy as my current Delta stuff, in that I press the 'disable apps' function and everything goes to my hardware?..(hope that reads ok!).
The only control I'd need would be a 4/-10 output switch.

Hey?...I thankyou in advance.

I have a 1224 with the PCIX-424.

Yes, there are 8 analog outputs with 2 "main" outputs. All are fully and independently routable. I see no rel difference between the outputs except that "main" have XLR jacks.

1224-front-large.jpg

1224-rear-large.jpg

wow...she sure is purty.....Thankyou for the nice up-close pic!

note to self...."must get some balanced xlr to trs cables for the main out's.":
So there are actually 10 outs (analogue)!!...woohoo!...as i understand the 2 mains are seperate from the 8 other outs?? (I could use them as a seperate left and right?)

That headphone jack still confuses me...it seems to read Ana 1-2???.....I would've thought that would be tapped into the main outs...mmmm..

wow...she sure is purty.....Thankyou for the nice up-close pic!

note to self...."must get some balanced xlr to trs cables for the main out's.":
So there are actually 10 outs (analogue)!!...woohoo!...as i understand the 2 mains are seperate from the 8 other outs?? (I could use them as a seperate left and right?)
Yep. :)

That headphone jack still confuses me...it seems to read Ana 1-2???.....I would've thought that would be tapped into the main outs...mmmm..
I would think so too, but if you used the main outs to your studio monitors it might be nice to have a different mix to the headphones. For example a mix for the tracking room. The headphone amp gets pretty loud too.

Back