MOTO Midi Express Compatibility Issues

What should be done with this interface

• Keep it, make an adapter and write glorious 1980s MIDI cheese.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sell it, make a profit.

• Cut it into pieces, tie it a mobile and donate it to an art gallery.

• Bin it and invest in some modern gear

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

henryweaver

Does anyone know anything about this interface and how I can get it to run on either a modern windows or mac computer. Will I have to buy an expensive USB adapter or create my own patch with Max MSP? Or is there a simpler solution?

For free, I've recently got my hands on a MOTO (Mark of The Unicorn) Midi Express rack mountable interface unit. There is a sticker that says it was made by S&S Research Inc, Norwood, MA.

It is black with orange writing. Has 4 MIDI in, 6 MIDI, SMPTE in/out, pedal in and has a what a believe to be two 8 Pin mini Din serial connectors that used to be used as a direct MIDI interface connection for Mac computers in the 1990's.

Also if anyone knows the second hand retail price of this interface in UK£s I'd be pleased to know. Help greatly appreciated. Thank you.

That's an old mac interface and pretty much worthless. Sorry. Old PC parallel versions of that sell for ~$30 on ebay this side of the pond and you can get those to actually work with a modern computer. RS422 is pretty much Latin as far as serial interfaces go

Back