Motif....whoa

Wide Awake

I started playing synths around 1984 with a Korg Polysix and Moog Source. Then MIDI hit and I started buying Rolands, Korgs, Oberheim. I've owned quite a few in my time, just like any gear-junkie. I haven't been buying much in the last 10 years, and I've been trying to get the most out of the gear I own. I still play every new synth that comes out just to check them out.

So.....I've played the Motif a few times and I can easily say that it's the best sample-playback synth I've ever laid my hands on. There is a clarity and a presence that I haven't heard from any other board......the samples just sound so REAL. It is capable of brightness but it doesn't have the artificial brightness that many synths suffer from. That's the quality of the filters and converters. I'm just blown away by this thing. I have no idea if the sequencer is any good. I could care less because I have a good sequencer.

When the price comes down and it's had some refinements in the OS system like all new complicated synths do, I WILL buy one. I'm also holding off because I just bought an expensive new guitar and preamp.....I'm trying to curb my spending spree but it's tough. :eek:

Check it out if you haven't and see what you think. It's not inexpensive but great keyboards never are. Make sure you play the clavinets and electric pianos......I doubt you'll be dissapointed.

yeah.. it's the best rompler out there.. the triton sounds are lame and flat compared to this baby..

Btw.. the sequencer rox!

Back