Most of the time you never get a chance to say goodbye.

Damn Henry. :(

I'm sorry man. My dad passed a few years ago. Still sucks.

Sounds like you guys had a pretty awesome relationship. I'd be proud if my kids said something like that about me.

Prayers goin your way.

I'm sorry for your loss. My dad passed a few months back, but we saw it coming and I got to say goodbye before I moved across the country. I can't imagine what a mess I would be if it were a surprise.

Yesterday my dad passed peacefully in his sleep.
We had a great father/son relationship he readied me for the world and showed me how to be a real man.
Time and time again he told me how proud he was of me and all I could do was to thank him for it was his example that I had followed.
Before it's to late every single one of you should reflect call your parents or loved ones and say I love ya and thank you.

Sure gonna miss my dad. :(

Beautifully put - I'm sure your dad would be proud to hear that eulogy.

I've heard my dad regret not having been able to say goodbye to his many times. My condolences Henry

My sincerest condolences, Henry. As a parent, I hope that my children will carry the memory of how proud I am, like your father did for you.
Dale

I'm very sorry for your loss, Henry.

My dad passed 25 years ago but I still think about him a lot and miss him.

Sorry to read that news. I know how hard it is around this time but keep your chin up and keep making your Dad proud.

I lost my Mum at 63yrs old in January to a heart attack. Her passing has brought me and my Dad closer together. I firmly reiterate everyone make the most of their parents being around and see as much of them as possible. When they go they'll break your bloody heart.

Sad news Mooresound... hang tough...Sadly not everyone has the kind of friendship and relationship you had with your Dad or their parents. I sure did and there is the price you pay for that when you lose them. It sucks huge. From my own personal experience, it takes a year or two to find a place in your heart where the loss doesn't hurt so bad. My Pops passed away in 1986 at 69...similar to you, we were absolute best buds and the loss hit me harder than anything ever before in my life. Unlike you, I was blessed to be at his bedside with my Mom and four siblings when he passed. The toughest part was giving him the OK to let go...I'd take care Mom, he was gone within 5 minutes of me doing so.

Great advice to the crew here. Pick up the phone and give a call to say hey I love you and thanks while you can. Unless for course you live close enough to jump in a car and stop by, if you are do that and do it regularly. The time you have with them is short in retrospect.

Back