Most Flexable ProCo Rat?

orson198305

Hello everyone, i posted earlier asking if anyone new of a stomp that equals the crazyness of a DOD punkifier. I was pointed in the direction of the ProCo rat for over the top synthetic fuzz, but which would you recommend. I know the deuce looks like the best bet but, i am on a relatively small budget.

ProCo Rat
ProCo Rat II
ProCo Turbo Rat
ProCo Dirty Rat

the rat II

never heard the dirty rat, the turbo rat is just not as good sounding to me
and the regular rat has no on/off light. and that's just kinda a pain in the but.

Cool. I have the good rat, I guess. I've had mine since maybe 1986(?). Although, a friend of mine had one that was in a bigger box that was even older than mine. Maybe he had the whammer jammer rat.

Regardless, I never thought it really had a good super fuzzy tone. I use mine with the distortion knob set to like 9 o'clock. So it just sounds turned up. For the crunch, I use an MXR distortion+ before the rat. Sort of like the D+ into a marshall like EVH back in the olden times.

I'm like a frozen caveman, huh?

No, totally agree with the more conservative approach, i just have great sounding distortion and clean channels already. I hate :rolleyes: guitarists jacking off to themselves playing endless solo's with no poignancy. I love, well, energy in music that drives someone to feel something, it's not as clear cut as happy or sad cause it obviousley depends on the persons mood at the time and personality. I'm no heavy metaller, i'm experimental post punk driven.
I can get the sound i want easily in the recording studio using different stomps and clipping my sound card etc, it's just getting something to use on stage.

Back