MoreMe Headphone Trouble...

scarboro78

NYC HIP-HOP AMBASSADOR
Hi Guys,

I was looking for an extra pair of headphones laying around yesterday and I forgot about a couple of pair of MoreMe headphones that I bought about two years ago. Both of which currently only work on one side after about a year of use. Funny thing is they both went out at about the same time. :(

I must say I'm kind of dissapointed with these. Anyone else have this kind of experience with these?

That's odd, and besides harvey agrees to replace those quite cheap if they break. Why haven't you replaced them through that warrenty :confused:

http://www.itrstudio.com/moreme.html

"The Warranty:

I guarantee them to work reliably for 6 months. If they break for any reason during that period, you'll get a free replacement, but you pay the $6 for priority shipping.

If they break after six months (but within the first year), I'll replace them for $5, plus $6 priority shipping.

If they break anytime after the first year, I'll replace them for $10, plus $6 priority shipping."

Seems fair to me on something like headphones that routinely go bad.

From Harvey's website:

The Warranty:

I guarantee them to work reliably for 6 months. If they break for any reason during that period, you'll get a free replacement, but you pay the $6 for priority shipping.

If they break after six months (but within the first year), I'll replace them for $5, plus $6 priority shipping.

If they break anytime after the first year, I'll replace them for $10, plus $6 priority shipping.

If Things Go Wrong:

The biggest problem is trying to get something fixed fast when it breaks. With most companies, you run into all sorts of BS about return authorization forms, sales receipts (which you lost years ago), warranty inspection procedures, and a dozen other ways to cause you headaches and take time. All you want to do is get on with your life and get something that will work. Well, I'm gonna make all that simple for you.

If one of these products breaks during the warranty period, simply call me at: (940) 482-3422, or email me at: hargerst@airmail.net and say, "the damn things broke". I'll priority mail you a new set immediately, and wait for your old set to come back (along with a check for however much isn't covered under our warranty, listed above). Send the broken set back to me the cheapest possible way.

If you wanna try them for a while, the standard MoreMe's will cost ya $20 ($30 for the "Studio Deluxe" models) plus $6 shipping. If you don't like them, send them back within a month or so, and I'll refund your money.

Wish14 said:
From Harvey's website:

The Warranty:

If they break anytime after the first year, I'll replace them for $10, plus $6 priority shipping.

If Things Go Wrong:

The biggest problem is trying to get something fixed fast when it breaks. With most companies, you run into all sorts of BS about return authorization forms, sales receipts (which you lost years ago), warranty inspection procedures, and a dozen other ways to cause you headaches and take time. All you want to do is get on with your life and get something that will work. Well, I'm gonna make all that simple for you.

If one of these products breaks during the warranty period, simply call me at: (940) 482-3422, or email me at: hargerst@airmail.net and say, "the damn things broke". I'll priority mail you a new set immediately, and wait for your old set to come back (along with a check for however much isn't covered under our warranty, listed above). Send the broken set back to me the cheapest possible way.

If you wanna try them for a while, the standard MoreMe's will cost ya $20 ($30 for the "Studio Deluxe" models) plus $6 shipping. If you don't like them, send them back within a month or so, and I'll refund your money.

Wow, thanks for all the replies. I do have the Deluxe models. I'll get in touch with Harvey.

BTW: The isolation on these things are great. I was just dissapointed with the longevity of the cans (or lack thereof). But you can't beat a warranty like that. :)

scarboro78 said:
By the way, I wouldn't say this is necessarily true. I have other headphones that I've had for yeaaaars and they're still going strong. (Sony's)

I guess i'm a bit spoiled. :o

Were they $30 headphones?

scrubs said:
Were they $30 headphones?

Hmmm...maybe $50 bucks back then?? Don't even know. But I know I know.. "You get what you pay for.."

I still believe in getting quality products at any price point. Inexpensive doesn't always equate to cheap.

I bought like 10 pair from Harvey.
2 of them exhibited the same issues you are describing.
All I had to do was work the mono to stereo switch back and forth 6 or 7 times and it fixed it. Some kind of oxidation in the switch I guess..

Try it.

Tom

i bought 5 pair a while back. i think they sound horrible. i replaced them with sennheiser hd280's. anyone want to buy the more me's?

I have a pair of the deluxe model. Use 'em every day. Good tracking headphones. Comfortable, good isolation, good sound.

The unusual warranty on these is well known. The MoreMe page is easy to find. Harvey is easy to contact.

Doesn't make sense to put this thread up as a first step except as a slam.

scarboro78 said:
Wow, thanks for all the replies. I do have the Deluxe models. I'll get in touch with Harvey.

BTW: The isolation on these things are great. I was just disappointed with the longevity of the cans (or lack thereof). But you can't beat a warranty like that. :)
Send them back and I'll replace them for free. Hopefully, that will relieve some of your disappointment.

Reactions: XLR
foreverain4 said:
i bought 5 pair a while back. i think they sound horrible. i replaced them with sennheiser hd280's. anyone want to buy the more me's?
I'll buy them back for exactly what you paid for them. Good enough?

In the warranty, it specifically says,

"If you wanna try them for a while, the standard MoreMe's will cost ya $20 ($30 for the "Studio Deluxe" models) plus $6 shipping. If you don't like them, send them back within a month or so, and I'll refund your money."

Why didn't you just send them back to me?

Last edited:
Harvey Gerst said:
I'll buy them back for exactly what you paid for them. Good enough?

Geez Harvey, your warrenty really already is better than anyone else's, I don't see what anyone has to complain about.

I have plenty of headphones, from $50 Sony's all the way up to $200+ Akgs and sennheisers and people are always asking me to use the MoreMes. Especially when tracking vocals.

Yup, most of Joss Stone's group (and Joss Stone herself) preferred the MoreMe's to all the other phones at Compasspoint when they did their album. Same thing with Widespread Panic.

But, ya can't please everybody; I learned that a long time ago.

wow harvey. i certainly dont expect a refund. it has been over a year that i have had these. well out of the warranty described above. the biggest problem i have had with these phones is that they distort really easily....

foreverain4 said:
wow harvey. i certainly dont expect a refund. it has been over a year that i have had these. well out of the warranty described above. the biggest problem i have had with these phones is that they distort really easily....

Well, I shouldn't speak for your situation, but I know for sure my MoreMe's require much more power to get to the same volume as any of my other headphones. It's probably best to use these with a dedicated headphone amp. I have to turn those up about 25% more to get the same volume that other people not wearing those get.

Usually distortion is a sign of under powering something.

Just a possibility, certainly my first guess though.

actually, i do use dedicated headphone amps. i had a hearback system from hear technologies. this system proved "to much" for many of my clients, so now i am back to my trusty samson headphone amps. 2 boxes, 5 headphone amps each....

Harvey Gerst said:
Send them back and I'll replace them for free. Hopefully, that will relieve some of your disappointment.

Thanks Harvey, you're a stand up guy. :D

And by the way I didn't mean to start this thread as a slam towards the product or the person behind the product. I was merely expressing my dissapointment with the two pieces I purchased. I don't think any piece of equipment should be excluded from good or bad threads based upon their performance.

PS: I have praised these headphones in the past and actually have advised people to purchase a pair of their own (before mine went bad).

Back