more tracks for vf-08

jax

I am unfamiliar with the other fostex products,can someone tell me how I can get my 8 drum mics on(vf-08) with just two inputs(I don't want to do 4 takes and have to scrub forever) .Isn't there a way to use one of their dats or something? What looks good for a man without a lot of money?-jax

me again

ok zeke I have but they are very slow. I called but the dat guy is on vacation. I was hoping to get a more speedy reply from one of you droogies out there.-thanks for your reply though,jax

The VF16 rocks... 8 track simultaneous recording.

$799.

now with the new 3.1 upgrade you can have all the features of the VF160 ... so add the plextor plexwriter external scsi cd-r drive (only aproved cd burner)

$300

And you have a VF160 for $1000.

Then add a fostex vc-8 or korg 880 or any other 8 channel analog to digital converter with ADAT optical out ($3-400 ?) .

then you'll be able to record 16 tracks simutaneously and burn them easily as 16 individual wave files to put into your computer for computer editing... n-track studio is cheap .

Or mixdown on the vf16 and burn the cd directly .

I know this sound like a lot of stuff to buy... but where else can you get a stand- alone 16 track simultaneously recording workstation with a cd burner and get it all for $1500 ?

www.vf16.com is a great resource if you have questions.

God bless, Jim

VF08

Jax - you migh consider a running the through a "premixer". There are several low cost (behringer, nady) mixers out there. pricing is good at musiciansfriend.com. This would allow you to adjust input levels before the signal hits the fostex. You would also be able to lay down your drum track & only use one track/one input, eliminating the need to bounce tracks.

Back