More masking - time to fire up the (D) cheat machine

Does it now.

I'm quoting the science not to be questioned guy. In fact I'm not even quoting, I'm allowing the deceitful little dwarf speak for himself when confronted with a legit study that says masks are ineffective to combat a pandemic. I'm thinking you're not following the science, lil bit.

What you're doing, and admittedly I haven't clicked your link....it's the ol' bogus trick of feeding a narrative to the (US) News and turning around and using that narrative as proof of something. Besides, it's already been established and admitted by the science that death numbers are bogus, misreported, overall inflated.....for instance died with covid vs died from covid.

In short, you are attempting to discredit a legit study because it doesn't not fit your desired narrative. For shame, not following the science.
The headline was false. Fauci didn't say that during the interview in that video.

The headline was false. Fauci didn't say that during the interview in that video.

I didn't even pay attention to the "headline" or even who posted it until you mentioned it. As is at times said, telling that would be your focus. That's part of the problem with entire subject matter, isn't it. It has been made political...and not by those who were/are most often accused of making it such.

Who cares "the headline"? I mean you, but if you could manage to think and observe beyond the political you may have gotten more from what was posted. Fauci was confronted with a legit study that has determined masks didn't make any difference in preventing the spread of COVID. We're talking in the context of a COVID pandemic and mask mandates. Mask mandates did little to nothing to prevent the spread of COVID. Masks made no difference.full.stop. Did Fauci refute or even question the accuracy of the study's conclusion? No, he did not. He rambled a bit about "other studies", incidentally unnamed studies, which I reckon supports masks do work at "an individual level". He goes on to say the effects on a pandemic at large are "less conclusive". Lol @ less conclusive....he's being asked about a legit study which he makes no effort to challenge which concludes masks and mask mandates did not matter in context of preventing the spread.

If you wish, it makes no difference to me, what's the riddle individual level vs pandemic level? As I said, individual level smacks of anecdotal evidence, which I do believe the science tells us is illegitimate in supporting a conclusion. Maybe Fauci was just taken off guard and was pulling stuff out his butt. Face says it all, he's not used to being confronted by the news.

Reactions: RFR
I didn't even pay attention to the "headline" or even who posted it until you mentioned it. As is at times said, telling that would be your focus. That's part of the problem with entire subject matter, isn't it. It has been made political...and not by those who were/are most often accused of making it such.

Who cares "the headline"? I mean you, but if you could manage to think and observe beyond the political you may have gotten more from what was posted. Fauci was confronted with a legit study that has determined masks didn't make any difference in preventing the spread of COVID. We're talking in the context of a COVID pandemic and mask mandates. Mask mandates did little to nothing to prevent the spread of COVID. Masks made no difference.full.stop. Did Fauci refute or even question the accuracy of the study's conclusion? No, he did not. He rambled a bit about "other studies", incidentally unnamed studies, which I reckon supports masks do work at "an individual level". He goes on to say the effects on a pandemic at large are "less conclusive". Lol @ less conclusive....he's being asked about a legit study which he makes no effort to challenge which concludes masks and mask mandates did not matter in context of preventing the spread.

If you wish, it makes no difference to me, what's the riddle individual level vs pandemic level? As I said, individual level smacks of anecdotal evidence, which I do believe the science tells us is illegitimate in supporting a conclusion. Maybe Fauci was just taken off guard and was pulling stuff out his butt. Face says it all, he's not used to being confronted by the news.
Most headlines are somewhat deceptive and there to invoke some kind of emotional response. This occurs in almost all media including the big guns.
Knowing that so many won’t read or seriously watch the thing, they’re designed to
1) draw you in (clickbait)
2) to get an emotional response

This even goes to something as black and white as the weather. Headlines....Major storm front coming in!! You go outside and say “oh gee, it’s raining”

I too find it telling that mjbphotos focus was solely on this ‘false headline’ with nothing to say about the content.

I don’t think it’s that difficult of concept that Fauci was getting at. If you’re going in to a situation, say an elevator or a subway car with several strangers, it’s to everyone’s benefit if you’re masked. You don’t wear your mask 24/7. At some point, you’ll let your guard down, or someone in your house will be contagious before you realize etc, and eventually you’ll get covid anyway even if you usually wore a mask. In a situation where you and the folks around you are exercising control over the situation, risk can be mitigated. In real world situations, these controls eventually break down.

I suspect most folks here, including myself, have never held a position of leadership where you need to parse every word that comes out of your mouth perfectly or it will purposely used against you. It’s probably exhausting.

Last edited:
I don’t think it’s that difficult of concept that Fauci was getting at. If you’re going in to a situation, say an elevator or a subway car with several strangers, it’s to everyone’s benefit if you’re masked. You don’t wear your mask 24/7. At some point, you’ll let your guard down, or someone in your house will be contagious before you realize etc, and eventually you’ll get covid anyway even if you usually wore a mask. In a situation where you and the folks around you are exercising control over the situation, risk can be mitigated. In real world situations, these controls eventually break down.

I suspect most folks here, including myself, have never held a position of leadership where you need to parse every word that comes out of your mouth perfectly or it will purposely used against you. It’s probably exhausting.
Fauci was spouting gibberish. If they worked on an individual level, this would be reflected at the "population level". People hold Fauci's words against him because he speaks bullshit. The US and the world's experience with covid is no different than it would have been if he nor his position in government didn't exist.

If you're in an elevator - all your masks are leaking like in the photo - you think the air is better if your breath is leaking out all around the periphery of the mask instead of coming out of the front?

Plenty of videos on YouTube showing masks doing this.

I know - you're going to stamp your feet and insist it's wrong in defiance of reality because, well you can't say why but you just *know* it is and anyone who says otherwise isn't as moral as you fancy yourself to be as your proudly preen around signaling your virtue in your face diaper.

1694060727338.png

Last edited:
If you're in an elevator - all your masks are leaking like in the photo - you think the air is better if your breath is leaking out all around the periphery of the mask instead of coming out of the front?

Plenty of videos on YouTube showing masks doing this.
Plenty of videos also show the masks shortening the range the particles can travel, as well as reducing the quantity of particles as the mask does catch some of the droplets. Happy to post them, but you can search just as easy. The amount of virus you inhale can affect whether or not your immune system gets overwhelmed and by how much. Japanese scientists even used real covid virus in a mask test. Properly-fitting N95’s reduced the viral load by about 70%. The surgical masks in your video were far less - around 10% I think. Clearly, the type of mask makes a large difference.

Easy to make a video and force a conclusion one way or the other depending on your politics. Common sense is another story.

Parsing words, you mean something like saying masks won't prevent you from getting COVID, because they don't work, but you can wear one if it makes you feel better?...on a personal level, lol@. Paraphrasing, that's what Fauci at one point stated, isn't it. That statement was some time before he was all authoritative in the science of a mandate. Of course that's what we're talking about, what he was confronted about, the study which concluded the mandated wearing of masks did nothing to stop the spread. Paraphrasing, what's a guy to do, now he's back to the ol' personal level argument. I'm surprised he didn't quote at least in part himself as a source.

What caught my ear n that piece was there seemed to be some of the dreaded whataboutism going on. I reckon going with the theme, talking head says legit study concludes mask mandates did nothing to prevent pandemic. Whatabout N95 masks to prevent pandemic? Nope. Not to be outdone, Fauci,->Hey, yeah well maybe not pandemic, but whatabout personal level?

Sorry, leddy. This whole personal level rebuttal is non sequitur nonsense. If we were/are talking personal level, fine, wear a mask, don't wear a mask. Personal choice. But that's not we were/are talking, we're talking mandated. Couldn't shop, eat out, get groceries(!), some even lost jobs if they refused a mask, a mask that made no difference in preventing the spread. Not my words, the words of the science.....the science that once upon a time Fauci quite light heartedly agreed.

Plenty of videos also show the masks shortening the range the particles can travel, as well as reducing the quantity of particles as the mask does catch some of the droplets. Happy to post them, but you can search just as easy. The amount of virus you inhale can affect whether or not your immune system gets overwhelmed and by how much. Japanese scientists even used real covid virus in a mask test. Properly-fitting N95’s reduced the viral load by about 70%. The surgical masks in your video were far less - around 10% I think. Clearly, the type of mask makes a large difference.

Easy to make a video and force a conclusion one way or the other depending on your politics. Common sense is another story.
As even Fauci admitted the studies show they don't help at the "population level" which means they don't help. The crap about working at the "personal level" even if they don't help at the population level is crap.

Your foot stomping to deny reality as predicted is noted.

I suggest you hide in your closet until coronavirus is eradicated.

Btw did you know that having the virus isn't synonymous with having covid?

With masks, what’s the point? Covid has a better that 99 percent survival rate.

Y’all are acting like a positive test and/or getting sick is an guaranteed death sentence.

Sure, some old folks on their last legs and people with pre existing health issues did get sick and die. (from covid, or other factors? )

But the vast majority, and I mean vast, survived the illness.

Sorry, leddy. This whole personal level rebuttal is non sequitur nonsense. If we were/are talking personal level, fine, wear a mask, don't wear a mask. Personal choice. But that's not we were/are talking, we're talking mandated. Couldn't shop, eat out, get groceries(!), some even lost jobs if they refused a mask, a mask that made no difference in preventing the spread. Not my words, the words of the science.....the science that once upon a time Fauci quite light heartedly agreed.
You might be talking about the mandates, but BP is talking about the masks themselves. What is said is still absolutely true. Masks work to a degree, but covid was going to spread through the population regardless. If everyone lived in a perfectly-fitting N95, then maybe it would have stopped it. That would never happen though.

I would totally agree that places that shut down completely and put people out of business was too much. Mandating masks though? Wasn’t really that big of a deal. We were learning how to deal with a pandemic on the fly. We learned shit and moved on. Masks are nothing compared to someone losing their business.

An adult can do as they like. Mask up or don’t. Your business.

But kids? Downright torture as well as unhealthy.
Wife works at a K through 5 school. I’ve seen the masks after one day’s use. Nasty, nasty, nasty. Snot, boogers, drool, dirty. Some looked like you wiped your ass with them. Not to mention the effects on kids with asthma. Or how about the increased inhalation of their own CO2.

During the Mask mandates in the schools, there was a definite rise in BACTERIAL respiratory ailments from the kids breathing that shit in all day, not covid.

I’ll wear an N95 mask and occasionally a full respirator for my work. And if I remember correctly, per the OSHA regulations, one shouldn’t be wearing it for more than 20 minutes at a time, then it’s time for some fresh air.

My best friend is a dentist and oral surgeon. He wears a new surgical mask for every new patient. After that patient the mask goes into the trash. He says.... the reason for the mask is to not get spittle into and onto the patient. Otherwise they’re useless. Same thing Fauchi said in the beginning.

Last edited:

I don't wear prescription, but I do wear reading glasses. Often they were useless when I had to wear a mask. Fogged up. Perhaps not always, but no doubt often I breathed harder while wearing a mask, given restricted airflow. I could feel the air escaping the sides of my face, sides of my nose, below my chin at the neck. I can't be the only one who many times thought to myself how ridiculous. No doubt like many others a mask that was filthy half the time. Yeah, at the beginning cycled through a series of kept clean masks, later you scrounge around between the seats of your vehicle pick off the lint and you're off to the races...well you may now enter the grocery store to purchase a loaf of bread. It's hard to believe now that's where we once were. Crazy. I can't believe with (supposedly) all we didn't know then, and all we know now, some people still defend opportunistic charlatans.

I don't wear prescription, but I do wear reading glasses. Often they were useless when I had to wear a mask. Fogged up. Perhaps not always, but no doubt often I breathed harder while wearing a mask, given restricted airflow. I could feel the air escaping the sides of my face, sides of my nose, below my chin at the neck. I can't be the only one who many times thought to myself how ridiculous. No doubt like many others a mask that was filthy half the time. Yeah, at the beginning cycled through a series of kept clean masks, later you scrounge around between the seats of your vehicle pick off the lint and you're off to the races...well you may now enter the grocery store to purchase a loaf of bread. It's hard to believe now that's where we once were. Crazy. I can't believe with (supposedly) all we didn't know then, and all we know now, some people still defend opportunistic charlatans.
Another thing about Fauchi and his mask statements.

Originally he said they were useless, might stop a droplet or two.

Later they were essential, and you needed not one, but two. and this second version is a direct contradiction. One is a lie, they cannot both be true.

One may cover for this by saying the science was ‘evolving’. Bullshit. Mask science had been settled years ago.

It’s also been said, I believe by Fauchi , that he ‘downplayed’ (lied) the masks so there wouldn’t be a panic and hoarding of masks which would deprive the medical community of much needed masks.

To that I say bullshit. I’ve worked for the government. You get what you need no matter the cost. And with the state of emergency and the defense authorization act, private business can be forced to make you what you need.

So again on his mask statements, ‘masks useless’ or ‘masks essential’ both cannot be true. I pick the second one as the lie.

But the overall moral of the story is Fauchi is a proven liar. And there’s many examples of him lying.

Last edited:
With masks, what’s the point? Covid has a better that 99 percent survival rate.

Y’all are acting like a positive test and/or getting sick is an guaranteed death sentence.

Sure, some old folks on their last legs and people with pre existing health issues did get sick and die. (from covid, or other factors? )

But the vast majority, and I mean vast, survived the illness.
leddy: "Yeah but...but you're not considering all the covid deaths among those who were asymptomatic who never even knew they were carrying the virus.........…......shut up it does so make sense!! 😡"

I Yeah, at the beginning cycled through a series of kept clean masks, later you scrounge around between the seats of your vehicle pick off the lint and you're off to the races...well you may now enter the grocery store to purchase a loaf of bread. It's hard to believe now that's where we once were. Crazy. I can't believe with (supposedly) all we didn't know then, and all we know now, some people still defend opportunistic charlatans.
I cut the white filter material out of several masks really close to the edge so it wouldn't be obvious - much easier to breathe, minimal back-splash and heat from my own breath.

Right... Yet YOU shared it here.

. Or how about the increased inhalation of their own CO2.

My best friend is a dentist and oral surgeon. He wears a new surgical mask for every new patient. After that patient the mask goes into the trash. He says.... the reason for the mask is to not get spittle into and onto the patient. Otherwise they’re useless. Same thing Fauchi said in the beginning.
No, it's well proven that masks do not stop CO2 from being expelled. They stop PARTICULATES, which includes spittle possibly carrying viruses. Pretty simple 'science', not sure why you anti-maskers can't understand that. It's all about particle size.

Simply put:
mask.jpg

Another thing about Fauchi and his mask statements.

Originally he said they were useless, might stop a droplet or two.

Later they were essential, and you needed not one, but two. and this second version is a direct contradiction. One is a lie, they cannot both be true.

One may cover for this by saying the science was ‘evolving’. Bullshit. Mask science had been settled years ago.

It’s also been said, I believe by Fauchi , that he ‘downplayed’ (lied) the masks so there wouldn’t be a panic and hoarding of masks which would deprive the medical community of much needed masks.

To that I say bullshit. I’ve worked for the government. You get what you need no matter the cost. And with the state of emergency and the defense authorization act, private business can be forced to make you what you need.

So again on his mask statements, ‘masks useless’ or ‘masks essential’ both cannot be true. I pick the second one as the lie.

But the overall moral of the story is Fauchi is a proven liar. And there’s many examples of him lying.

I recall one could get whiplash trying to keep up with the about faces. Say one thing, say an entirely other. As far as Fauci, and masks, at times you would get the ol' situations change with greater information....the ol' reserve the right to change my mind thing. On the other hand, if someone questioned things he said or his guidance and approach you would be met with his long resume and expertise, he was beyond reproach. Same goes for the do as I say, not as I do. Amazes me so many seemingly intelligent people just surrendered to the ever changing and inconsistent narrative. The COVID thread here, did it get deleted?....might be an interesting read. Not really. Sad, actually. It's actually all too common among a certain set. Not to throw a can o worms into the thread subject matter....

Someone, I can probably remember the name, but I won't mention. In reference to the justice system someone said, and I paraphrase, in our justice system everyone is guaranteed defense representation. It doesn't really matter if someone can afford an expensive attorney or one is appointed, in the end you get an equal shot. Now any serious, thinking person, they know that isn't always the case. In fact most often it is not. The ol' reserve the right to morph...If the subject turned to criminal justice reform and black folks, that opinion, from that person, it would likely change. I'm confident of it. Any thinking person knows, guilt or innocence aside, far fewer black guys would be in prison if they enjoyed a more vigorous defense, which costs money, at times lots of money. But that thought would come from someone's mouth, mind, fingertips to fit the politically motivated agenda of the moment. Everything is made to be political....

Including COVID, masks, vaccines, boosters....lots and lots of boosters. Because shut up, wingnut.

Back