more latency in sonar than in CWPA 9

Soundscaper

I have sonar installed and I loaded a song up I did in CWPA 9. The song has
32 tracks with no real time effects. In CWPA the cpu stayed around 30 and
in sonar it stayed around 30. Why is my time meter and measure reading so
sluggish? The playback meters are experiancing a large amount of latancy.
PLease help with your suggestions. Here are my computer specs.

Windows 98SE
K-6 450mhz
256 RAM
4 gig 5200 RPM

Does Sonar use more processing?

The latency setting within Sonar is set pretty high by default. If you haven’t changed it yet that could be your problem. If I remember correctly Tools - Audio - General Tab.

Just a thought

check and/or update your video card drivers ..this one
had me stomped for the past month..with all the meters
going you have alot going on..it may require reducing
hardware acceleration

are your meters stuttering?does your cpu meter stop functioning?does your sonar m:b:t stutter too?all these questions relate to playback only. if the answer is yes then you may have to: 1. increase your latency slider or buffers. 2.increase your soundcards buffers. i have this problem sometimes when i have high track counts with plugs in conjunction with aggressive low latency settings. are you using the wdm drivers for your card.most are backwards compatible with win 98se, i run this os too with a 2408. if you just need to decrease your latency(answer no to my initial questions) then decrease the settings i suggested: sorry forgot to mention, run wave profiler after changing any card settings and sonar buffer/latencyslider settings. hope it helps,just play around with the settings until you get the best ones for; tracking,mixing,heavymixing with plugs,and softsynth usage. good luck, keith

Back