More inputs on an M-Audio 410

michkid

I have an M-audio 410 box and I'm using protools(m-powered edition). I was wondering if it's possible to purchase a unit (maybe one of those berringer a/d units) and hook it up through the adat/lightpipe connection in order to get 8 more inputs through the unit? I have a mackie board to use for preamps, so that isn't a problem. Any other suggestions? All input would help! THANKS! :)

I'm using the Delta-410 PCI card and want to add a few more ins, as well as more outs, so I'm planning on getting another 410 PCI card. According to everything I've read, and the information from other posters you can use multiple soundcards cards at the same time.

Creamyapples1 said:
According to everything I've read, and the information from other posters you can use multiple soundcards cards at the same time.

You can use multiples of DELTA PCI cards, not the same with the 410 box, and mixing and matching different brands will give you synching headaches.

I was under the impression that there was an older version of the 410 that had a breakout box, rather than the breakout cable like I have, (still PCI though) If this is not so, I appologize for my ignorance. :D

Creamyapples1 said:
I was under the impression that there was an older version of the 410 that had a breakout box, rather than the breakout cable like I have, (still PCI though) If this is not so, I appologize for my ignorance. :D

Nah, there's only been the one 410 PCI card and never a breakout box with it. You may be confusing it with the Delta 44.

I know about the 44, but I could have swore I saw a 2 in 8 out box. Maybe it was another brand, or maybe I'm on crack. You be the judge. Wasn't Peritus researching this same topic and found that they did upgrade the drivers so you could use multiple firewire boxes at the same time? I'll steer him this way and let him chime in. I could be mistaken though, and I usually am.

you could be on the right track. I have no knowledge of the M-Audio USB or Firewire stuff, I was talking strictly PCI card which neither the USB or Firewire uses.

Right on... My only knowledge is on the Firewire 410.. and you can't have multiple units with that... I'm not sure about the pci deal... Never had any dealings with those... To the original poster: If you make a support ticket at the M-Audio site.. They'll answer any of your questions in detail.... and relatively quickly, to boot...

Sorry I can't help...

Well shit fire and save the matches. In that case I'm totally happy using the PCI stuff, I have the addition of another Delta 410 PCI scheduled for purchase in the very near future!

Back