More Criticism: This time a banner ad for my production company

TerraMortim

I've gotten some pretty helpful advice so far, so here is another piece of the pie that I'm working on.

Honest criticism is more than welcome! :)

Attachments

• banner.jpg
    banner.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 47
Just an alternate version for black backgrounds. I may just use this one, now that I think of it.

Attachments

• banner-ms2.jpg
    banner-ms2.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
You've sure got a lot of words for an internet ad. I think very few people will be willing to read the whole ad. You also cover a lot of ground, so I'm not really sure what services you offer. Are you a music studio? Are you a graphic artist? Consultating? Can you fix my databases or help me figure out which managers I can downsize?

I do like your use of subtle, not-eye-cancer-inducing colors.

You've sure got a lot of words for an internet ad. I think very few people will be willing to read the whole ad. You also cover a lot of ground, so I'm not really sure what services you offer. Are you a music studio? Are you a graphic artist? Consultating? Can you fix my databases or help me figure out which managers I can downsize?

I do like your use of subtle, not-eye-cancer-inducing colors.

Well, the thing is I offer all of those services. It's an audio/visual production company.

Consulting: anything music related. How to set up a live show with custom pre-programmed light shows, analysis of a project to find areas that are lacking, help with presentation, image, etc. . .

The trick I'm trying to find is fitting in there what essentially I can offer, with a few descripive words as well, while still making it easy on the eyes.

Do you have any thoughts as to how I could make it a bit better, while still putting up all the services offered by my company? Would you say the same if this were a print ad (with the url added, of course), say in industry and music related magazines?

I'm probably going with just the second one with darkened edges, rather than use the first one for anything... after coming back to it I think the black vignette makes it a lot easier on the eyes.

Last edited:
I like the look of it. Especially the second one. But like Steve, it might be a little wordy. But have no idea about which words to take out if you do it all. It almost reminds me of the bottom of those old movie posters showing all the people involved with creating the movie.

Do you guys mean the list of services, or the "ad slogan"? I was sort of going for a semi-vintage approach to an ad, which tend to be a little less compact, but does it work on that level, or is it just simply too much?

Would altering the size of some of the words, giving more room in between them clear it up a bit? Maybe giving it room to breath a bit more will make it work better?

Maybe more room in between aural influx and that text might help?

Thoughts?

The little "provocative...original" quips between the services are kind of cheesey. They seem desperate and unnecessary. It also seems cluttered and cramped. I like the look, but it's gotta be simplified.

You want to catch the client's attention first, so keeping it simple and right to the point is best..save the listing of the other stuff at the last.

If you're looking for ARTWORK with THOUGHT PROVOKING, CREATIVENESS and ORIGINALITY...

AURAL INFLUX

ALL YOUR ARTWORK NEEDS in one place

List what you have to offer artwise below.

I think you need a separate add for the music stuff!

Good luck!

yup agreed with the cluttered comments..I think the actual design/font etc is excellent but its just too much info on a banner..its eye catching as it is but would be even more so less cluttered or even just reducing the size of the font drastically after Aural Influx??

and I keep reading anal influx but i think that may be a problem with me :)

Awesome. Thanks for the input guys. I'll play around with a few things and see what I can come up with. This is just a rough first draft, so I've still got a long way to go before the version I'll be using when this company launches. :) The input is very helpful!

Back