More Christmas Cheer

eyeteeth

I got bored the other day, and this happened... sorry ;) I guess I had to prove that I do actually record stuff.

Attachments

• Grandma.mp3
    2.8 MB · Views: 19
wow, that's zany! a non-stop ride! nice vocals. how did you do the BG vox? forgive my bluntness but they sound really at odds with the song were they done with some kind of re-tune type plug in or harmonizer?

great tune overall though, i need to do that one for our family xmas album! :D

ff

Bluntness completely forgiven. Especially since I totally agree. It was for fun. I was coming down with a cold or something, and pushing it with singing as I was. Plus... it was for fun, I was lazy, and therefore more experimental than usual. They're copied, pitch shifted, and slightly time shifted as they were REALLY at odds before. Were it for anything else, I would have tracked them separately, they sound too 'mechanical'... or 'synthesized' to me. They match too well. Individually, it's hard to tell they were shifted, but as a group... I don't care what virtual instruments, simulated rig, plug-ins, auto this or that there is... there's still no replacement for the real thing.

Bluntness completely forgiven. Especially since I totally agree. It was for fun. I was coming down with a cold or something, and pushing it with singing as I was. Plus... it was for fun, I was lazy, and therefore more experimental than usual. They're copied, pitch shifted, and slightly time shifted as they were REALLY at odds before. Were it for anything else, I would have tracked them separately, they sound too 'mechanical'... or 'synthesized' to me. They match too well. Individually, it's hard to tell they were shifted, but as a group... I don't care what virtual instruments, simulated rig, plug-ins, auto this or that there is... there's still no replacement for the real thing.

dig it. it really does sound great overall though!

Lol. That hi-hat is ridiculous. The rest sounds pretty good. It's a little "casio" sounding and too true to the original to be a really interesting cover, but overall a fun listen. Nice job.

I wish I could LIKE comments. Anyway, agree with Gerg...hi hat sounds goofy but awesome cover. I would've thought the BG vox was just an octoplus or something.

I have such a wide musical back round I find myself impressed when someone is able to transition and pull off multiple genres. In that vein, being mostly a progressive metal/rock guy... this is something definitely outside my comfort zone. For myself, when a band or artist makes everything they cover 'their own' I often find myself thinking they can't do anything else. Especially if what they did... didn't work.

Greg_L again, no arguments there... The drums are programmed, it was an afternoon in the studio. I didn't do much to get them any more natural.

would have been better to leave bg vocals out, ruins it, redo when you feel better?

not bad for a throw together, still made me laugh! :D

I enjoyed it, what else matters?

Back