Monster Cable, Mogami... Worth the money?

AumStudioBrian

How much importance do you guys put on cables? I'm looking into investing in Mogami cables going from my Soundcraft to Pro Tools for the cleanest possible sound, but I want to know is it worth the $400 its going to cost me, or will my cheap Hosa snakes do fine???

Also, is Mogami Cable all its made up to be???

re:

You will get better results with mogami or monster is what I hear. I strongly suggest you try to build your own cable. Check out Redco.com but shop around for connectors as their's are not the cheapes

I'm getting mogami cable and Neutrik connecors. Lots of people like other models but mogami is at least considered a top of the line cable. Anyways you can build your own cables for like 1/3 or 1/4 the cost of buying them in a store, and its not that hard. You just have to soder them up.

Hope that helps

Mongoo

I've been very happy with my recent purchase....

400' studio quad cable from Redco (their brand) @ .31 cents a foot. I received it last week and am extremely happy. Extremely low noise. It has a silver shield that is very thick/durable, but still allows the cable to move a little bit without being stiff. In my opinion, it's just as good as mogami or belden at a fraction of the price and without the name...

I bought my wallplates from gigcables.com . I probably could have found a little cheaper, but they're cheaper than 90% out there. Only if I could find who they drop shipped from....the company said Horizon, but I don't think it's the same Horizon as the cables.

Overall you will be best off to purchase bulk and assemble the cables yourself. Nothing like having it all in your own hands....

Good luck!!!

for your $400 spent, you arent gonna see much difference. if you used that $400 for say a used API module, or spent $400 on room treatments, or got a used baby blue bottle, you will see some dramatic improvement.

making your own cables is the best price/performance upgrade in terms of cables. but cables in general should be low on your list.

Back