Monitors

Bones

OK I've found some Monitors but don't know anything bout the company, might be 3rd party anyways...

Acoustic Referance
Model BS-300
Sensitivity 91dB
Nominal Impedance 4 Ohms
Frequency Responce 50-22500 Hz
Power Handling 100w
Crossover frequencies 3500 Hz

Acoustic Referance Ltd.
London SW11 3BG.

It's a 'fallen off the back af a truck' Deal so I wanna know a bit bout the brand before I deal out the readies...

Can't find em anywhere on the net, not even a phone listing in the white pages...

He's asking $400AU for a pair(US$220)but I will need Subs to get those 20-50Hz (won't I?)

Any thoughts ppl?

Cheers bones

YIKES...

Specs are meaningless - you HAVE to hear them to make any sort of judgment on their quality. The name itself reminds me of the "in-house" garbage they sell at The Brick.

If it SOUNDS too good to be true, it probably is -- and I don't know of any studios that bought their monitors out of the back of a white van (or that fell out of a truck, or whatever!!!)

Bruce
Blue Bear Sound

FUCK NO!

This is a HUGE scam thats been happening for the past 2 years. A company in canada imported a massive amount of shit speakers and warehoused them without distribution, then declared bankrupcy (these are chinese made speakers). They rebadge them with a million different names, and sell them off at highly inflated prices to unknowing people. I had some people come up to me infront of my apartment, claiming to be froma local studio, and i started asking them questions, and they got rude back because they knew i was messing with them. so i did some research because ive never heard of them.

http://swanspeaker.com/news/news.htm you can only view it really in IE maybe it crew up in netscape with strange encryption.

http://www.speakermania.com/speak/messages/444.html

"Dem Bones, dem bones, dem dry BONES:

yO bones:

I recently bought a pair of Yorkville YSM-1 monitors and they are GREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAtttttt, especially since the price is so low.

They are made in Canada and they might be Chinese components. However, Yorkville has been making stuff for sound for a while and I have no complaints with these speakers.

My former Alesis 1 speakers are just speakers. Surprising, but Bruce V. says Alesis makes good stuff but not monitors; I agree with Bruce. I can play stuff through the Yorkvilles, walk out of my studio, sit in another room, and the sound is clear, and just great. So, for less than 225.00 pezzutos, I don't think you could do better. I know that there are some great speakers out there and they cost a whole lot more than Yorkville monitors; but, you should give them a listen.

Green Hornet

Back