Monitors

Disposable

Okay, I'm looking for the least expensive,
But still decent monitors for use with a Delta 44 card.

I'm fairly oblivious to monitors,
All I really know that they are expensive.

And I don't have much to spend.

Any thoughts?

The Wharfedale Diamond Pro 8.2 Actives are pretty popular around these parts...

You can PM "deepwater" - He's a dealer. He'll swing you a good deal (around $300 for a pair, which is a steal).

I'm using a delta 1010 going into a Yamaha a1001 50 watt per channel amp, which power a set of Alesis M1's (passive).

I like them... they're pretty flat to my ears.

You have to listen to a bunch and find what will work for you. Everyone's ears are different, plus room acoustics are different. Very flat monitors won't equal a very flat response in your ear -> brain.

g

I have a pair of Event TR5's for sale, barely used. (6months old). I just bought the bigger TR8's is the only reason Im selling these things. I havent listed them for sale yet but PM if your interested. They list on ebay for 299.00 new which is pretty cheap to begin with I paid over 300.00 for mine but looking to sell for 215.00 plus shipping.

Pro Tools User said:
I have a pair of Event TR5's for sale, barely used. (6months old). I just bought the bigger TR8's is the only reason Im selling these things. I havent listed them for sale yet but PM if your interested. They list on ebay for 299.00 new which is pretty cheap to begin with I paid over 300.00 for mine but looking to sell for 215.00 plus shipping.

As much as I would like to...
My wife would probably shoot me
If I bought anything expensive for myself before Christmas.

Make her a special CD (takes time, thought, etc. Chicks dig it!) and tell her you needed the new monitors to do the best job possible.

Back