Monitors on wall brackets?

TNO

I'm really tight for space and wonder if there would be much difference in my current situation of having monitors on a small table right against a wall or getting them off the table onto wall brackets to free up some room???

I hate to say, it depends on the room, the wall, and the monitors.

It can work... MoPads or something may help also if you need to "detach" the monitors more.

THIS PHOTO shows my Wharfedales supported by TV wall-mounts from IKEA. I think they were around $25, which is next to "free" for wall mounts.

Only problem is the angle isn't adjustable. You have to have someone hold one up and eyeball it until the height is correct.

Also consider that depending on the situation, wall-mounting doesn't neccessarily save space - In my situation, I'm 6 feet back from that wall. Depending on your situation, your mounts and where your studs are, obvioulsy you can cut that distance down considerably. But just try having someone hold a speaker where you think it will work, and see if there's a mount available that will get it there.

Make sure you carefully consider the what's and where's before you start drilling.

maskedman72 said:
nice set-up massive!

Yeah, but he has to stand on his chair to get the tweeters at ear height :)

(or hang upside down from the ceiling - he could do a trademark "batmaster" :D )

Monitors are Yorkvilles though I'm thinking about the RP5s. Should I put foam on the wall behind them?
Those IKEA mounts look pretty cool, Parts Express has a few options as well.

My Wharfies are front ported. The photo is deceiving... The angle is actually pretty good. That particular shot was from just above desktop level.

Parts express... Didn't think of them. They've got a little of everything, don't they...

Back